Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDSL Profile Change Request

stranky
Dabbler

VDSL Profile Change Request

Hello Plusnet,

Would it be possible to remove my current profile (50mbps) and force a higher profile (70mbps)

My line is currently syncing at 71mbps (I'm aware there is overhead)

Do you have any power on the OR portal to force DS SNRM? used to have a 3db SNRM few years ago (ever since having a fault in the road, its never been the same!), SNRM currently 10.6db - if not what kind of functionally do you have?

Please could you also do a line test, be interesting to see how my line has faired over the last few years.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: VDSL Profile Change Request

Hi @stranky

Thanks a lot for reaching out, you're absolutely right, the line itself can achieve speeds of up to 75.3Mbps, although it appears that it's being artificially banded at 55Mbps. I've now raised a request to have this unbanded, so your speeds should soon increase. Please allow around three working days for it to go through.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
stranky
Dabbler

Thanks @adam945 

I can see my line re-sync'd this morning at 9:55am BST (retrain 200000)

my banding/profile has changed to 70mbps which is great, also noticed interleaving has been removed from the US

SNRM has for DS has changed from 10.6 to 6.3

what did OR do here, DLM reset?

However, from just doing some basic speed tests, it appears its still capped at 49mbps - do plusnet need to do something on there side now OR have re-branded?

Thanks,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @stranky

Openreach would've done what's known as a caution counter reset to remove the banding. 

I've just changed a profile our side to match your 70mbps sync speed.

If you reboot your router and retest, you should see a higher speed. Let us know if there are further issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
martin1959
Grafter

Hi @stranky how is your speed working out. I have a similar problem too.

stranky
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf 

Confirmed that's working now after a re-sync, speed tests around 65mbps.

What's the technical differences between a DLM reset, and DLM caution counter reset, reading up on both them, they seem very similar in terms of what the end users see's

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the confirmation @stranky 

Awesome, I'm glad to see the reset's gone through and you've got a faster speed now. Thumbs_Up

A caution counter reset basically resets the caution counters which DLM uses to figure out when to increase or decrease speeds, and by doing this type of reset, it'll bring the speed part of the profile back to the maximum for your package, in your case 80/20 (up to 80mbps download, up to 20mbps upload). 

If there's an underlying issue like a high amount of errors, then DLM will likely re-apply the banding.

Unlike a full DLM reset that engineers can request, a caution counter reset doesn't change other settings like the SNR, interleaving, retransmission etc, which can also have an impact on speed and an overall connection. 

Let me know if you've got any further queries or issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet