cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utter Garbage

mattprince
Grafter

Utter Garbage

This is my second contract with Plusnet and will certainly be my last. Crawling EVERY ******* NIGHT. Im currently sat at this....

7 REPLIES 7
mattprince
Grafter

Re: Utter Garbage

I want somebody in accounts to call/email me as i want out of this remaining 6 months contract. You are not providing what i was led to believe i would get. Constant problems, constant buffering, constant loss of connection, constant slowing down. 

GARBAGE!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Are you testing wired or wireless?

If wired have you reported a fault?

Mkd

Oh dear, I just renewed my contract with plusnet and since then my download speeds seem to have slowed?

i have 18 months of this to look forward to?

mattprince
Grafter

Ive tested wired and wireless. Both the same. Its every night. Drops like a stone. I was told ages ago that it was capacity issues and its all going to be sorted. Fixed for a few weeks and back to square one. They should not be charging people who have to suffer such poor connection issues. I want out of this contract when i have sorted out another line. If they try to hold me to the contract then i will report them to whoever regulates them as a contract has to be a 2 way thing and i am not getting what i pay for.

Matt

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Matt,

You've not been in touch with us, and there's not been any contact on your account since December last year, so this has come at a surprise to us.

You're currently syncing at 68mb and connection seems pretty consistent:

image14709089577945

As a result it could possibly be a wireless issue, though your best bet is to raise it at faults.plus.net. 

Our cancellations team are available on 08000132632, though they wouldn't be writing off your contract in this instance.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mattprince
Grafter

Thats funny as i put up a post in may of this year to say im getting disconnected 25 times a day. Also, I had an engineer come early this year, which fixed something ,temporarily. So it certainly hasnt been silence from me since last year. Also, people do work you know, they do have a life that sometimes gives them busy periods. The simple fact is, Plusnet forums are awash with complaints, you are well aware that you have capacity issues, yet still increase your prices. 

I am currently getting 21 down and 11 up and that is WIRED. Directly to the master socket. The wireless is a few kb slower on both. Your pretty little graph just shows the connection. It doesnt show the [-Censored-] poor speeds I am getting, especially at night.

Finally, Your comment "though they wouldn't be writing off your contract in this instance." is up for debate. You dont speak for Plusnet as a whole and you certainly dont speak for UK consumer law. I pay every month without fail, i expect what i pay for. I wouldn't buy a fast car and be happy that it only does 12mph. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules

mattprince
Grafter

Another night of absolute **** service/speeds. I have just run 3 speed tests , direct from the test socket on the master., after hours of buffering pretty much constantly when trying to watch videos.

Test 1: 42mb down 12mb up (much slower than the 68mb sync you state but not bad)

Test 2: 4.1mb down 0.7mb up (oh the lovely speeds im used to from you)

Test 3: 12.7mb down 3.8mb up (pathetic dont you think??)

Good honest broadband is clearly false advertising and i will be gathering all the info/videos of speed tests/screengrabs of the hundreds of complaints on here etc that I have in the event Plusnet dont cancel me off next week without penalty, and taking it to the Daily Mail so everybody else can see what poor speeds you get.