cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usual timescale for activation

Jadzia

Usual timescale for activation

I recently switched to Plusnet and was switched over 17/05, I'm still waiting for activation of my Broadband.  what is the usual timescale that this happens, whats the longest its taken.

Are they going to bill me from the day my contract starts or the date they actually provided internet access?Huh

4 REPLIES 4
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Usual timescale for activation

Thank you for your post @Jadzia

I have looked into the account for you now and spoken to our suppliers. We had an order in place to activate broadband which has unfortunately got stuck in our supplier system, while the order is showing as complete in some of our supplier applications in one application the order is showing as cancelled. To get this rectified our suppliers have raised a bridge case ( a manual intervention) to change the status of the order to complete, we have been advised to review back on 25/05/2017 where the order should show as active and complete.

I do apologise for the issues there have been, because the phone line is active the billing period has commenced however when the broadband order completes we will certainly refund the downtime there has been between the phone line and broadband activating.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
skip

This is sounding painfully familiar to me....I'm still waiting more than a month on, with multiple failed attempts by Plusnet to sort it out. My latest update (and one they seem to think is an acceptable outcome) is to reply to a ticket that's already had a time limit set by saying they'll reply to it again at some point in the future. At no point does any actual information accidentally get transmitted to the customer, that might be deemed as arming the enemy!

dont hold your breath! You are transferring in from an outside ISP which has got to be slightly more complicated than my case.....I'm already a customer, I only asked for an upgrade!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@skip - I've replied to your thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Fibre-upgrade-headache/m-p/1441441/highlight/false#M3197

...and also your ticket with more detail.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there @Jadzia

I am happy to confirm your broadband order has completed. I have now activated your account.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet