cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Hub One router with unlimited broadband (ADSL2+)

FIXED
josemaria
Dabbler

Using the Hub One router with unlimited broadband (ADSL2+)

Hello everyone,

I ordered the upgrade from regular Unlimited Broadband to Unlimited Fibre Extra the 20th November and the new Hub One arrived in impressive 2 days and now it is sitting there gathering dust.

I read it also have a ADSL2+ modem so I was wondering if I can replace my Thomson tg582n with the new Hub One, this way I can start using 5Ghz WiFi and setting up the ports (I have a bit of a mess in my network)

If I can start using it it, what should I do when I receive the activation confirmation of my new service? probably just turn it off and on again so it connects to the VDSL, right?

Thanks,

Jose

1 REPLY 1
Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Using the Hub One router with unlimited broadband (ADSL2+)

Fix

The Hub One with work fine on your current ADSL2 & should just reconfigure itself when your FTTC goes live

you should need to do nothing, although you may have a slower that you expect first day on FFTC (as Plusnet may not update the profile until close to midnight on the 'go live' day)

The ADSL wil drop while they connect the copper to the fibre cabinet, so the Hub One will lose service & should simply reconnect to VDSL when this is done

At least that was my experience when I upgraded 2 years ago