Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users account suspended in BT wholesale

FIXED
Simon77

Users account suspended in BT wholesale

Any ideas? 

Fttc full speed 80/20 connection suddenly stopped at 9.40pm today.

after messing around with all settings and cables, thought I'd log a fault. 

After logging into plusnet find the following ticket. 

Question #140013709 - Your Feedback

==INTERNAL==

Users account suspended in BT wholesale, please contact a member of 24/7 operations or ASG. Reference to why this customers service has been suspended is on task:490614

Customers router looks to have malfunctioned, will need a new router dispatching. Fees can be wavered for this instance due to the inconvenience.

Everything was working fine until 9.40 suspension. No router malfunction... 

any ideas? 

P.s I logged a call at 9.20pm today reporting my mobile number port was stuck and I've had no phone since 8am, lovely lady called Sophie tried her hardest but basically number port broke/delayed/stuck she's no idea and no tools to investigate.. ops team should fix it but unlikely so just twiddle thumbs and someday soon it may work... in the mean time no one can call me on my number..... errrr great! Couldn't be related at all could it? Wrong butttons pushed somewhere?

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Users account suspended in BT wholesale

Really sorry to hear this. Sad

I've looked into the problem with our network team. I've been advised that something on your PC appears to have sent almost 48000 access requests to our website using http last night between 9 and 10. We're not sure why you were advised of a router malfunction.

I've placed an order to resume the service, which should complete within 1 hour.

We highly recommend you to run an antivirus/malware security scan to help prevent this from happening in the future.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Simon77

Thanks Anoush.

Well that is a cryptic message in the portal if that is what the issue is, certainly nothing in the ticket would indicate what the error is until you have provided it.

I wonder if my router is susceptible to relaying the attacks, I doubt anything further into my network is the cause.

Will have a look into it tonight and investigate.

Thanks,

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

No problem.

Yeah, my colleague and I were at a loss as to why you were advised the router was at fault. Apologies for that and for the poor ticket.

We believe the requests may have come from Firefox on a Windows 10 PC. All you can really do is perform an anti virus scan and hopefully it won't happen again.

Once again, apologies for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Simon77

I've had time tonight to look at both W10 pc's in the house, both have firefox and both were on the PlusNet page during this time (PlusNet Mobile issue - still ongoing - separate LONG story)

Have checked both tonight, Sophos AV / SpyBot / MalwareBytes - nothing of any interest reported, both clean.

Just don't have any answer as to why this happened, but hopefully it wont happen again.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Not to worry. Thanks for checking. *Fingers crossed* it doesn't happen again.

goatty2
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

have you got the latest ver of win10 ?

updated mine and ever since been getting ICMP flooding attack from my pc which eset is blocking2016-12-15.png

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

The latest cumulative patch from MS which was released to fix the DHCP fault (plus several other issues) seems to have introduced more problems than it fixes....