cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use own router

denwyn
Rising Star

Use own router

At the moment I have a Plusnet Fibre with a  Openreach Modem and Plusnet Technicolour Router, all works fine except with WiFi signal is not brilliant. Daughter recently had Plisnet fibre installed with a all in one modem/router, looks a bit like BT model, think it's called Plusnet One, her WiFi signal I much better than ours. Looking on eBay I can get a new one the same for approx £35 / £45. how easy is it to set one up should I decide to get one, do I need to ask or inform Plusnet. Just want better WiFi, House is standard build,average size, pretty similar to daughters,so don't think house build or router position is causing problem. Any advice appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Use own router

Using your own router is easy. You just need your login name and password. Most of the time it won't even affect the level of support you get. Some of us declined PN's offer to send their modem when we signed up so have never had one.

Alternatively you could turn off the wifi on the router an use a WAP eg:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=wireless+access+po...

denwyn
Rising Star

Without sounding stupid,where do I find my user name and password ?

Thanks

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi your username is the same  one you use to access the member center , followed by @plusdsl.net

For example: 123@plusdsl.net 
Password same as the one you use to login to member center.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This might also help: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.