cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Hub One as a modem?

stu813

Use Hub One as a modem?

My old ECI B-FOCUS modem has given up... PN kindly replaced the modem with a Hub One. My problem is that I have TP Link Archer C9 router - brilliant wifi compared with the Hub One.  Dual wifi with the added bonus of separate dual "guest" wifi - great for the kids as this can it's own parental controls. 

What is the best way to connect it up? Can I use the WAN port on the C9 to connect to the WAN port of the Hub One and use it as a modem? Do I need to turn off the Hub One wifi or can I utilise this too?

Any thoughts or ideas really appreciated

Stu

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Use Hub One as a modem?

Without knowing much about the C9, then the answer is probably yes, but you would need to plug the C9 WAN port into a LAN port of the Hub 1, and may have to change the default IP addresses of one of the devices. Let the Hub 1 do all the security stuff on the DSL, my Netgear sorted it automatically. The WAN port on the Hub 1 is to connect to a DSL Modem, so don't use that, as for WiFi, possibly better to switch off the Hub 1 Wifi, and just use the C9.

stu813

Thanks Mustrum, that works fine... Only issue I have is that the Hub One WiFi is always on, the WiFi button only disables it for a few minutes. Not sure if it creating any issues but will look into it when I have some time. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If you log in and go to the advanced options you can turn the WiFi  off.

Starmans
Grafter

Failing that perhaps purchase a ECI Openreach modem from ebay.