cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help please Fibre connection but cannot get pages to load or anything to connect

jscutt
Dabbler

Re: Urgent help please Fibre connection but cannot get pages to load or anything to connect

Yes a port swap fixed it for me.

The engineer said he hadn't seen the issue before. He said the port in the cabinet tested okay, line between the cabinet and house was okay. But obviously it wasn't not okay.

All sorted anyway, just need to keep an eye on speed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Urgent help please Fibre connection but cannot get pages to load or anything to connect

As I've been following this thread and was on annual leave last week, I thought I'd post back now to see how you guys are getting on. I suspected the issue to either be at the cabinet, or an infrastructure problem at the exchange.

Anyway I'm glad that you're both back up during the engineer visit. Speeds and connection as good as they were before?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Carlbennetts
Dabbler

My internet has been stable since the port swap but I have slower download speed than before. I have an engineer visiting this Friday to investigate. It's either the port I've been placed in hasn't been configured correctly or the new master socket the first engineer Installed! Could be a problem with the cabinet. I would be interested to know what speed is getting now he had a port swap?

Thanks for checking in @Gandalf
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Ah thanks for the update, let us know how things go tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Carlbennetts
Dabbler

BT Engineer has visited my home and run his tests. He can't explain why the speeds are lower than before. He ran cabinet tests and all tests came back ok. He couldn't answer why my sync speed was better before on the old port and slower since the port switch. 

He did another port reset and checked my external wiring but this didn't make any difference. 

I'm not happy about paying for a 80/20 service and now only getting 50/20. I was always closer to 60mb down before the port fault.

Even the GEA reports in my ticket show a better sync speed before the port switch. 

What next? 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Carlbennetts, I'm sorry that your speed is less than being received before, if we were to investigate this further it would require us booking another engineer visit.

I can see you've since spoken with us as per the ticket here but please let us know if we can assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team