Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream speed not close to sync speed

Bobsta
Grafter

Upstream speed not close to sync speed

Hi folks,
I was enabled for Fibre around 3 weeks ago. I live around ~1.5km from my cabinet so my speeds are never going to be great... but I'm determined to squeeze out every last kbps I can.
I was provided an ECI modem by PN. It works, but as I'm connected to a Huawei cabinet I opted to purchase a HG612.
With the ECI I was consistently able to achieve 16Mbps down and 1.35Mbps up of actual throughput over the past two weeks. But of course, I could never see my sync speed.
I switched over to the Huawei HG612 this morning (leaving the obligatory 30min+ gap) and am pleased to see my sync stats as:
Max:	Upstream rate = 2099 Kbps, Downstream rate = 20744 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 1999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 18059 Kbps

However, even with this 1999 Kbps upstream sync speed, I'm still only able to achieve 1.35Mbps of actual throughput - using various speedtest sites, including the BTW site.
The BTW site reports my upstream profile as 2Mbps so I'm at a loss to explain the gap. I know there's some margin/overhead but shouldn't I be getting closer to ~1.8Mbps?

I also have a downstream interleaving depth of 353 which is a tad unexpected. We had some fairly heavy power outages in our area this week so that may be the cause... but can anything be done to drop it, or do I just need to leave everything to be calm and uninterrupted for the next few weeks to get it down?
Thanks,
Bobsta
1 REPLY 1
Bobsta
Grafter

Re: Upstream speed not close to sync speed

[SOLVED]
OK, ignore me.. silly mistake.  Roll_eyes
My router has a QoS feature which requires you to specify the upload/download speeds of the connection. They were set to the old limits. Cranking them up to the new sync speed unlocked the extra speed. I can now push 1.76Mbps - that'll do nicely. Cheesy