Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading bug thats stops uploading.

AndrewTheFlash
Hooked

Uploading bug thats stops uploading.

Hi, I recently joined plus net.

So far it has been great, but now i've started noticing a problem that really starting to bug me.

As a gamer i tend to upload videos (via the ps4 to YouTube) every so often, but recently in the past few stays i've started having a problem uploading videos. Uploading will be fine for a few minuets, then it will stop and the internet stops... everything stops.

At first i didn't know what it was, untill i caught the router, giving me an orange light with a strange looking "P" icon of the same colour.

13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Uploading bug thats stops uploading.

AndrewTheFlash
Hooked

@Oldjim wrote:

may be related https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

Similar it may sound, yet sadly it's yet to provide a solid solution.

In my own opinion i beleive it has something to do with the routers programming, maybe theres a bug in all the coding used to upload through the server.

I've reset the router, powered it off for a few minuets... i thought i solved it, bit it happened again after a few minuets of resuming the current file im trying to upload.

but normal uploading, like the use of brocasting or streaming PS Now on the PS4 work fine, it just seems to happen when uploading a video file...

My other thoughts is that it has something to do with youtube... but honestly i really don't know why it is happening.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

I've reset the router, powered it off for a few minuets... i thought i solved it, bit it happened again after a few minuets of resuming the current file im trying to upload.

Easy enough to test that theory. Beg/buy/borrow a different make/model of router. It's not like you have to use the one PN supplied you Wink

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@AndrewTheFlash

On the other thread, we are trying to make sense of it and more cases are always helpful.

Are you on the Unlimited Fibre (2Mbps upload speed) package?

Which gateway are you on?

AndrewTheFlash
Hooked

I think i am, i chose the unlimited fiber offer that was £5 for 18 months.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

That fits. So far, everyone who has reported this problem has been on the non-extra package. But so am I and I don't have the problem and try as I can, I can't make it happen. So it's a combination of things.

If you follow the gateway link, which one does it say you are connected to? We are wondering if it is a problem with a particular gateway.

AndrewTheFlash
Hooked

it says:

You are currently connected to gateway psb-ir01.

This is located in Southbank Point of Presence.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Ahah! Thank you. That's the common factor.

superfetch
Dabbler

Did you manage to fix this? I'm having a very similar issue!

AndrewTheFlash
Hooked

Sadly no and plus net have failed to solve the problem even after telling them about the problem.

I have discovered a work around but it makes uploading a bit longer.

On PS4 - if i connect to a game that uses the internet, like Driveclub, the upload will complete.

on PC - try i found that if i watch something like BBC iplayer (watching live programs) uploading should complete.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

superfetch
Dabbler

Thanks for replying!

I'll have to give that a go. Poor show on Plusnet's behalf that they still haven't fixed it yet!

superfetch
Dabbler

Tried the suggestions, doesn't seem to help. Thanks anyway!

Wavehopper
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I'm experiencing this exact same problem after "upgrading" to Fibre, and to say it's frustrating is an understatement. 

It'll upload for about 3-5 minutes, then cut out completely.  PC is connected directly to the router, download speeds and upload speeds seem fine.  Cuts out whether the firewall is on or not.

Can someone at Plusnet put a fire under this and investigate it properly please.