cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload sync drop

elfish
Grafter

Upload sync drop

Had a resync early morning the other day, and upload sync rate has gone from 20,000 to 12,696. Did a manual resync and it is still the same.
Could a PN staff member run diagnostics to see if there is any irregularity, as since day one, I have sync'ed with 20,000 up. G.INP has been enabled on both up and down for sometime and still is applied. SNRM for both up and down is 6 which is the target SNRM, but up has always been 11+.
Damn you crosstalk, if that's the case, as nothing has changed my end.
29 REPLIES 29
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Upload sync drop

I can see the sync's dropped but other then that our testing isn't showing any particular cause.
It could be crosstalk but only a engineer would be able to confirm.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
elfish
Grafter

Ok, thank you Matthew.
Looks like I am just going to have to keep an eye on it. Might try disconnecting the cable to the faceplate over night and then reconnecting it early morning. It hasn't been disconnected for quite a while, just re-sync's.
elfish
Grafter

Please update my IP Profile to 78Mb.
Thanks.
AndyH
Grafter

Plusnet cannot change your IP Profile - this is set automatically based on your sync speed.
Or do you mean for Plusnet to update your current line speed their end?
elfish
Grafter

Line speed.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's at the highest it can be set at now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
elfish
Grafter

Thank you.
I disconnected my CPE for over 30mins this morning, and still my upload sync is around 12,000.
Pretty annoyed seeing as though I have always sync'ed at 20,000. Lost almost half of my upload.
Openreach need to roll out Vectoring for those who are losing a lot of speed due to crosstalk.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Upstream Power Back Off (UPBO) may also be involved. The idea of UPBO is to make the upstream signals from all lines about the same strength by the time they reach the cabinet. So it reduces the upstream transmit power on shorter lines. Otherwise the upstream signal from a short line would be much stronger at the cabinet than that from a long line, and then crosstalk from the short line could adversely affect the long line. I think vectoring would reduce the need for UPBO.
elfish
Grafter

Interesting.
Is UPBO an automatic change or is it one that is done by an engineer?
It is strange that my downstream sync hasn't been affected (thankfully) with the SNRM and SNR per tone the same, but upstream has dropped to 6dB and even 5dB SNRM on occasion, with bit-loading now pretty low, so it may be due to UPBO, although I cannot see the actual output power on my CPE, perhaps in the console, but I believe they (Fritz!Box) have disabled telnet access with the new firmware.
See attached current SNR per tone and bit-loading.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I expect UPBO would be adjusted automatically.
elfish
Grafter

And it is getting lower. Just had a resync this morning and G.INP has been turned off on the upstream (why the hell does DLM turn off G.INP, I am already getting errors on the upstream) and now the speed is 11,704.
Argh...
elfish
Grafter

Please could my line speed be updated to 78Mb again, as it has changed since the resync this morning.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I hadn't been using my connection much and monitoring it even less but I just became aware that my upload (pretty much always synced as close to 20000 as makes no difference) has dropped to 2376 (currently chowing attainable rate of 2229) with SNR of 5.  Downstream, if anything, is a bit higher than usual but irrelevant to me as I'm on a capped 40mb/s down.
G.INP showing on in both directions and zero ES / SES over 7 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes.
My Fritz!Box 7390 is still on firmware 06.20 as I haven't got round to updating to 06.30
Has BT Openreach done something that's affected Fritzbox VDSL users at the end of October?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
elfish
Grafter

Something is not right either way, as like you, I have always had a stable upload, with a sync of 20,000.
I have sent AVM feedback which is the last tab under DSL Information, so hopefully they can analyse the stats.
I have found 06.30 to be very good, and initially giving me great sync rates (better than previous firmware), until now.
I am also running the DSL diagnostics option on the support page, which can be found when adding /support to the IP/name of the Fritz!Box.