Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload suddenly dropped from 10mbps to <2mbps

FIXED
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Upload suddenly dropped from 10mbps to <2mbps

I switched to the Unlimited Fibre package as soon as it became available in my area, at the beginning of August 2015.

I think the 40/20 product had already been superseded with 40/2 by then. However, from day one, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had 10mbps upload speed, which continued until a few days ago - since when it suddenly seems to have dropped to ~ 1.5mbps.

To be clear - this is not a complaint, as I know I've been getting more than I was entitled to for the last 10 months. My only reason for asking is that I just want to check that this decrease is because my upload has been changed to what it should be, and is not due to a fault.

Download speed seems pretty much OK, tested at 33-34 this morning, although I usually get 36-37.

If the <2mbps is what I'm stuck with now, I'll probably upgrade to Fibre Extra, as it feels too sloooow having got accustomed to 10mbps Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Upload suddenly dropped from 10mbps to <2mbps

Fix

Plusnet are going through an exercise and correcting those mistakenly given 40/20 see https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Re-Upload-speed-reduced/m-p/1343134#M40105

Just a shame that they didn't notify people first as it is causing lots of new topics in the forum.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Thanks, sorry hadn't seen that thread.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Not an issue, I just picked one out that had an official response. I knew the topics were being discussed so I thought I would help. Hope the text didn't come across as too abrupt. Please never feel that you have to apologise for asking a question here.

Even if you had searched I doubt it would have come out at the top of the search results. The search system on the forum is hard work.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
dannyboy75
Rising Star

No worries, your post didn't come across as abrupt at all.

I see others are kicking off about the change - fair enough if you signed up before the cutoff date but, if not, ejecting toys from pram seems rather pointless and unnecessary.