Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Upload speeds

I just received an email stating prices will increase by a pound a month and they said this includes upload going upto 9.5 Mbs is this true ?
18 REPLIES 18
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upload speeds

Hi there, 

Yes, it's absolutely true, if the upstream estimate for yourself is above 2mbs it means you'll see an increase. 

If you're unsure what that is you can check it here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Have I missed something or wasn't this increase implemented for every 40/2 customer last October? If this is correct then surely no-one will see any increase when the extra charge starts. I just assumed that Plusnet were playing the polltician's trick of selling the same good news twice. Have I got it wrong?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yes @Baldrick1 same as the removal of the Caller display charge , they say they give free now  Funny

OFCOM told them last year they were going to BAN the charge this year in October .

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
iangilf
Rising Star

I get 80/20 anyways so what do u gain out of paying extra 1 pound a month lol
iangilf
Rising Star

how many subscribers to plusnet and were all being charged 1 pounds and can see no difference to the product im already receiving no wonder these companies do this its a quick rich scheme and we get no benefits out of it yes its only 1 extra pound a month but thats from how many subscribers? ripoff britain yet again

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

It is a ripoff for most probably. I have never felt the need for it.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @iangilf and everyone!

The part of the price increase comms that we're discussing here is below:

'Here are just some of the great things you will see:

Our superfast fibre broadband is even faster - we have increased upload speeds from up to 1.9Mbps to up to 9.5Mbps (that is 5 x faster)"

You'll note that the reference to upload speed is written in the past tense - ergo, it has already happened as @Baldrick1 has suggested. We're not suggesting that this is a new step that is yet to happen.

@iangilf if you have any concerns about your upload speed could you run a wired speed test and let me know the outcome? I'm more than happy to look at your account/line profile/line capability to get this resolved.

Best Wishes,

Dave

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Still wrong for those on the 80/20 package...
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Browni

With respect, it isn't wrong because it doesn't refer to the 80/20 package - the 80/20 package has always had a 20mb upload capability, whilst the 40/10 (as it stands now) was previously 40/2. With this in mind, the email can only logically be referring to the 40/2 package as this is the only package that had a 1.9mb/s capacity to begin with. 

I appreciate that the wording of the email could specify that the information relates to Fibre (rather than Fibre Extra) but isn't this a given when you consider the upload "Starting point" of both packages?

Thanks,

Dave

Browni
Aspiring Hero

Why was that email sent to me then?

Also, which tense would apply to "Here are just some of the great things you’ll see:" ?

Would that be past, present or future tense?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Browni.

I've raised this to our marketing team as per my response over here.

For the time being if you would like to discuss a new deal on the same package you're on, please contact us on 0800 013 2632. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@Browni yes i agree i am on the 80/20 and acording to the Email only thing i get is free caller display Cheesy

Not bad considering OFCOM are banning the charge in Oct 18 , so PN are not giving it OFCOM are Thumbs_Up

So i got a increase and no improvements , be nice if they fixed Web mail , and the Billing system

email price.PNG

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Browni
Aspiring Hero

I don't benefit from that as caller display has always been included with my BT landline Sad
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

My view of what's happened:

1. Ofcom decided that Caller Display should be given to all subscribers for free.

2. Plusnet suits response: "We'll just charge everyone for Caller Display whether they use it or not, it's time we bunged a bit on to loyal customers to help subsidise newcomers anyway. If we slap it on the broadband charge rather than the telephone bill we will also collect it from customers who don't get their phone from us. Summon the Marketeers and get them to wrap the increase into some male cow's excrement that may convince some subscribers that we're doing them a favour".

What amused me was the use of English. To me it reads that there isn't going to be a 'small' increase of £1 but rather an increase of a 'small' £1. Hence my comment elswhere that I wasn't previously aware that £1 comes in more than one size.

Anyway I guess that we just either just swallow the increase or use it at a reason to move on. It occurs to me that on extending a contract it doesn't really matter whether the contract length is 1 or 2 years as every year Plusnet gives subscribers this opportunity to get out for free.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'