cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds

td90uk

Upload speeds

I switched to Plus.net today, very happy so far, consistently faster download speed than TalkTalk's fibre connection. Currently getting 38mb down and 7.5mb up. Just wondering, will my upload speed increase? Is the connection still stabilising or is this what I can expect? Very pleased either way, just curious of whether there'll be an increase to 19.5mb or anywhere near it in the coming days.
Thanks in advance for the help.
5 REPLIES 5
chacka96

Re: Upload speeds

Can I just ask if that was a wired test or wireless? I'm having the opposite probs, decent upload, poor download.
td90uk

Wired test, though wireless garners about the same result.
dick:quote
sjptd
Grafter

The upload won't increase on its own because of any training.
Upload speeds are more variable than download for various reasons, including for speedtests. 
Try the Thinkbroadband speedtest for most reliable upload test: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
Try with any antivirus and firewall (temporarily) turned off.
If you have an unlocked HG612 modem, or other unlocked modem, check to see the upload sync speed.  The upload profile is not usually a helpful diagnostic, always set to 20Mbps.
KatC
Grafter

Hi there,
Welcome both of you  :).
@ td90uk
I have just checked the estimated upload speed for your line and this is approx. 5.8Mbps so the quote you have provided is already above this. Due to the line this is probably the optimum upload speed you will experience.
td90uk

Hi Kat,
Thanks for the response and the help, I'm very satisfied with this, I'm getting a faster and more stable connection so it's beyond my expectations. Can't fault Plus.net at all so far  Smiley