cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed variation

ArthurDent
Grafter

Upload speed variation

I have noticed posts on ThinkBroadband regarding PN reducing the upload speed offered to new customers. Does this also apply to contract renewals?  If so, this could be an additional factor leading me to move elsewhere when my 40mb/s contract ends next month!
7 REPLIES 7
ArthurDent
Grafter

Re: Upload speed variation

My current contract offers up to 40/20mb/s. I'm quite content with actuals reported as 37/13. Apparently new punters will be offered 40/2. Not quite sure how that would affect me on renewal.
Apparently VM offer D/L up to 50 with U/L up to 3 . . .
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I renewed and stayed on 40/20 - it's worth contacting Customer Options when renewing to get a good deal and confirm that you're keeping the existing 40/20 product.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ArthurDent
Grafter

So some have retained, some haven't, and some have managed to get it restored after making a fuss.

Isn't it time that PN made a definitive statement about this?

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

@ArthurDent wrote:

Isn't it time that PN made a definitive statement about this?

Never ask a question the answer to which you may not wish to hear!

ArthurDent
Grafter

Except that my contract expires on 02/05, so I have until 18/04 to decide, and this could be one factor!

qwirx
Hooked

The PlusNet staff member goes onto suggest that customers may be offered the 10 or even 19.5Mbits/sec uploads if they threaten to leave.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/technology/1403453/plusnet-drops-fibre-upload-speeds-to-only-2mbitsse...

ArthurDent
Grafter

Someone has questioned whether it is actually legal for PN to change a product in this way for a contract renewal - unilaterally and without notification.

Any legal eagles out there?