cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed stuck at 2Mb on Unlimited Fibre Extra

FIXED
JoeTWO

Upload speed stuck at 2Mb on Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi guys - I switched to Fibre Extra to try and improve my upload speed but it still seems to be stuck at just below 2Mbs-1. I am a fair distance from the cabinet, and I only get 19-20Mbs-1 download speeds, but I was hoping to get at least 2 and a bit up after the upgrade to Extra.

I tried a BT Speedtest, which returned 18.94 down/1.94 up, but the 'further diagnostics' test seems to fail with an error saying it can't retrieve additional details regarding my service, and so doesn't know if the speed test results are acceptable!

Is there any way I can tell whether that's because my line can't support more than 2 up, or because I'm really still on a profile that limits me to 2 up?

Cheers,

Joe.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upload speed stuck at 2Mb on Unlimited Fibre Extra

Fix

Hi there,

After having checked the estimates for your line I can see 2mbps is basically what the line is capable of in terms of upstream.

Sorry if that disappoints but at least we know nothing else is amiss Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JoeTWO

Many thanks for the quick reply - at least I'll know to downgrade to the cheaper option next time round!

Cheers,

Joe.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems Joe

When you're near to the end of your contract it may be worth contacting our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to downgrade to the basic Unlimited Fibre package as the Extra package seems a bit pointless for you. Sad

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet