cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed still under 2Mbs

FIXED
cwinskill

Upload speed still under 2Mbs

Hi. When i got the mail saying that PN was upping their upload to 10Mbs i was quite happy as I was about to switch service providers. By the end of November my upload speed had indeed been upped and I was getting a comfortable 8Mbs.

I then moved house and its fair to say PN has so far not "done me proud". I had to wait 10 days for them to get BT to sort something on the line (a block from the previous owners). Then an additional 10 days to sort out my fiber broadband service. Granted these are a separate topic but has made me lose confidence in PN non the less.

My download speed is very up and down, but is generally not to bad (especially over Ethernet). My upload speed though appears to average around 1-1.5Mbs. Is there a way I can sort this to get a good upload speed, or am I going to have to go down the route of finding a new service provider?

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Upload speed still under 2Mbs

Fix

Hi @cwinskill

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your upload speeds.

I've reviewed your account and found that the upload speed is currently incorrect. I've raised a request to modify this to the correct value (up to 10mb/s) and expect this to take effect within the next 24/48 hours.

Please let me know if this isn't the case and I'll get this chased up for you.

Appreciate your patience whilst we get this resolved.

Best Wishes,

Dave

cwinskill

Hi Dave

Thank you for looking into this. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days

Craig

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@cwinskill wrote:

I then moved house and its fair to say PN has so far not "done me proud". I had to wait 10 days for them to get BT to sort something on the line (a block from the previous owners). Then an additional 10 days to sort out my fiber broadband service. Granted these are a separate topic but has made me lose confidence in PN non the less.

All of the above fits with industry rules and process...

1. When a provider puts a cease order on a line, BTw / BTOR stop other providers placing orders on that line
  2. When orders are placed, they have a MINIMUM 10 WORKING DAY lead time - because BTw / BTOR cannot do anything quicker

Both of your points about delays are consequential to the way BT (as a supplier to all retail ISPs) works - you would have faced the same situation with any ISP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.