Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed reduced?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Upload speed reduced?

Apologies that I'd missed this thread out the other day when I posted confirmation on a few other threads that we did stop selling 40/20 to existing customers on the same day as new sign-ups. With the exception of broadband only accounts that still had 40/20 advertised until some time later. However I see that Oldjim quoted my response here.

We've provided you with speeds above this product offering for no extra charge for nearly 12 months and now we're just providing the service advertised.

I am sorry you were not notified of the correction in speed, however I'm not entirely sure it was necessary given we were reducing the upload speed to match the product that was sold.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
oldbaldeagle
Grafter

Letting a customer know that the business has been a mistake is called common courtesy.

I do hope that Plusnet will honour the 2 year deal I agreed to in 2015.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

likewise it would have been common courtesy for the customer to let the ISP know that they were being provided with a service they didn't sign up for or pay for (ie they were getting 20Mbps upstream when they should have been getting 2Mbps upstream). or does common courtesy only work one way?
oldbaldeagle
Grafter

Couldn't agree more but I genuinely believed I had signed up to 40/20!
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Why did you believe you were signing up for 40/20 ?  I signed up to Fibre before you (23rd July), and was under no illusions that I'd get anything other than 40/2.

When I realised that I was getting much faster upload than 2mbps I saw it as an added bonus, whilst being mindful that it could be reduced to 2mbps at any time when this error was noticed. The fact that it lasted 10 months in the end was pretty cool. I honestly fail to see why anyone who signed up after the 40/20 cut-off date should be getting their knickers in a twist about this.

That said, I do agree with the sentiments of others on here that there should be another Plusnet product available between 40/2 and 80/20. But that's a totally separate debate.