cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed has halved in recent weeks

gooner77
Grafter

Upload speed has halved in recent weeks

I used to regularly get 13-15mb down and 2.2-2.5 up.

Download speed is about the same but my my upload speed has halved and is usually around 1.1-1.4 mb.

I'm concerned that this will affect my online gaming sessions particularly with Destiny 2 around the corner. I check the speeds every couple of days onboth on my PS4 connection tester and speedtest.net

Can anyone check if there's a fault on the line or recommend any measures to rectify this

I haven't got an exact timeframe but the upload speed has dropped in the last 4-6 weeks

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Upload speed has halved in recent weeks

Our tests aren't showing any issues but I can see the upload speed has dropped.

Unfortunately it's just within the low estimates for your line so our suppliers wouldn't accept this as a fault I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gooner77
Grafter

I have had a steady speed of 2mb+ since June 2015 so there must be something causing it to drop recently especially as you've confirmed it

I am currently out of contract so am prepared to shop round other ISPs if you're not willing to resolve it for me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Whilst your upstream is within the impacted estimates, it is slightly below the clean range [you can view these at www.dslchecker.bt.com] so we could try to report a fault to BT but it's likely that it'll be rejected as it's not really enough of a drop in speed.

Having said that, feel free to raise the fault at http://faults.plus.net and let us know once you've done that.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gooner77
Grafter

I've raised a ticket but it hasn't given me a number. I find it quite incredible that you think a drop by over 50% is not really much of a decrease in speed.

Considering what I'm paying you monthly I'd expect you to put some effort into resolving this rather than trying to fob me off from the start

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're not trying to fob you off, we're setting expectations that as the *sync* speed is not far below the minimum end of the range this may not be something that is accepted as a fault by our suppliers.

Your line is synced at 2.3Mb/s on the upstream.

We'll get your fault picked up asap and update you there.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.