cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed has dropped through the floor

davenos
Rising Star

Upload speed has dropped through the floor

My upload speed has tanked this morning im lucky if i can get above 1.5mb(usually get around 7.5mb)my ping has also increase from 15ms and is fluctuating from 99ms to over 200ms,my Home Hub 5 is reporting sync speeds of 8334 / 35296.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/142840027996680561519.png
10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Upload speed has dropped through the floor

Our tests aren't showing any issues with the connection.
Is this over a wired or wireless connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
davenos
Rising Star

Its via a wired connection,i've tried various tests and with various browsers(and desktop and laptop) all are showing similar speeds(some slightly higher others lower).I have included the results from the BT wholesale speed test site. http://i61.tinypic.com/jqt1ev.jpg
Im going to remove the Hub and use the Openreach modem and plusnet router to see if that helps
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you could that would help.
Just checking the obvious things here but you don't have any programs running in the background that might be uploading huge amounts of data?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
davenos
Rising Star

Nope i hardly ever upload any content only when backing up my phone to my onedrive(and it is currently not connected to the internet).
I've only noticed the slow speed today due to me trying to upload some marketing flyer/poster designs for my laptop to my onedrive.
There are no other programmes that are using any bandwidth.
davenos
Rising Star

I've reconnected the Openreach modem and PlusNet router and the speeds are back to where they should be upload wise although when running the thinkbroadband test my HTTPx6 results are far lower then previous one with the Home Hub previous i was getting 31.2mb with burst of 35.9mb and now its reporting 17mb with burst of 17.4mb.
Still all seems to be well so will leave the modem router combo in and see what happens.
Thanks for the response.
davenos
Rising Star

Well problem not solved both upload and download are now dropping again download is not going above 17mb and upload is only getting 3mb.
I still have the modem and hub combo in place that according to the log dropped connection around 3pm,is this likely to be a line issue or a capacity issue?
kitz
Aspiring Pro

I still have the modem and hub combo in place that according to the log dropped connection around 3pm,is this likely to be a line issue or a capacity issue?

A capacity issue does not cause the line to drop.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There was a drop at 2:40pm and it looks like the connection was off most of the night

Have the speeds gone back to normal or does this only happen at peak times?
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
davenos
Rising Star

Hi Mathew the speed has returned to normal this morning,last night/yesterday is the only time i've had any reduction in speed that was noticeable.
The connection was off most of the night due to a power failure in the area due to vandalism.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Try it again tonight and let us know if its ongoing.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team