cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed gone to [-Censored-] again and cant stream.

psyfy
Dabbler

Upload speed gone to [-Censored-] again and cant stream.

just wanted to do a bit of live streaming, my upload has once again gone from 1.96 down to 1.31, leaveing me unable to use twitch as desired, restarted my router its gone up to 1.5 which again isnt enough to stream on, when i first joined plusnet there was a 32/10 package avalible i was told i could upgrade at anytime to this package, but when i switched it was no longer avalible, im getting a little fed up of it now if i cant get a consistant 2m up this package is no use to me.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Upload speed gone to [-Censored-] again and cant stream.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your upload speeds.

Our tests aren't showing any issues but I can see the upload speed is slightly below the estimate for your line.

If you raise a fault here we'll see if there's anything that can be done.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
psyfy
Dabbler

thanks for the reply, iv been rather busy these past few weeks (hence the late reply) i just checked it again and its now droped to 1.1 for my upload Sad after a router restart..... iv raised a ticket any help rushing this through a little faster would be appreciated, pretty sure my line just needs reprovisioning and any DLM reseting. thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're still having speed problems.

It doesn't look like it's an issue with DLM, your service is banded correctly.

Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

I've progressed your fault report through to our suppliers, we'll keep you updated over the next 24 to 72 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
psyfy
Dabbler

thank you for getting back to me and looking into it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
psyfy
Dabbler

hi not getting on to well.   this is the responce i recived which seems to show a lack of understanding of the problem i am haveing and my responce.

Dear Mr Lovatt,

I tried to call today but there was no answer or option to leave a message, My apologies for the time this has taken.

I have tested your line today and it appears the issue you reported is no longer occurring.

The connection is stable, with no drops for the last 28 hours. The connection is also running at a good speed for your line, with a current connection speed of around 19.4mbps.
Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

My responce :  hello. you seem to missunderstand the problem or have simply not read the inital post. i have had a few powercuts there was never an issue with line stability, the problem is that i was running with an upstream data rate of 1.96 which was just accetable for live streaming games on the twitch platform, it then droped to 1.7 which was not accetable so i restarted my router it now ony gets 1.1 and 1.2 for the upload speed, a speed reduction somwhere in the region of 40% i dont consider this accetable when my line is estimated at being able to transmit around 3000 upstream (all new masts to the cabinate)
this issue has been long running now and if you cant fix it then i wish it to be escelated to the complaints team as im through asking anymore. i will simply change providers.  

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about the poor response to your ticket.

It looks like we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further, I've replied to your fault ticket.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet