Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed dropped from 10mb to 2mb

FIXED
SIMon-TV
Hooked

Upload speed dropped from 10mb to 2mb

Hello,

Im hoping someone can provide me with an answer to my problem.

In December '16 I rang PN to join as a new customer. Upload speed is quite important to me so I was sure to clarify this with the sales guy. He told me I would get around 8mb upload, so I signed up.

Connection went live in January and I was only getting 2mb UP (more like 1.5mb in the end) so I contacted PN (live chat) who told me i was only paying for the 2mb service. After a bit of to and fro-ing PN do increase my upload to 10mb (8mb real time). I have email confirmation of this.

So all is great, really happy with PN.

Until about 6 or 8 weeks ago. I notice my streams kept failing. So I checked my speeds and my upload has dropped to 1.5mb!

Contacted PN and went through all the checks with no success. Had a BT engineer out who reported no faults on my line and that my socket was showing speeds well capable of supporting a 10mb (8mb) upload.

PN say they are going to close the case. I've asked them to send me a replacement router to rule that out of the question.

So, has anyone any ideas as to why my upload speed has been slashed? I'm a little worried PN might be restricting it as im only paying for 2mb (as far as they're concerned), but as I say I do have email proof that my profile had been increased to 10mb upload.

Thanks for reading and any responses.

Simon.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): A duplicate post was released from the Spam Filter then removed.

6 REPLIES 6
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Upload speed dropped from 10mb to 2mb

what does the bt speedtester show for your max upload?

SIMon-TV
Hooked

Hi Steve,

Btwholesale test states my 'upstream rate up profile on your line is' - 10mbps

My upload speed shows as 1.04mbps
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

What speeds does it show on the Help Desk tab on your router, I am assuming you have the Hub 1 ?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Thanks for taking my call Simon. Once again, I am sorry to hear you're having problems with your speed.

I've reviewed your account, tested the line and whilst I'm seeing your router in sync at 8.6 Mb/s, the upstream is likely to be capped by one of our back end systems as your product is Unlimited Fibre which we offer as a 40/2 service.

I've listened to your sales call and I apologise you were incorrectly advised you'll be able to achieve more than 2 Mb/s on the Unlimited Fibre package. As a gesture of goodwill, I've moved your account to Unlimited Fibre Extra and I've kept your monthly cost the same for the duration of your contract.

This should go through on Monday and you may need to reboot your router to accept the new change in the speed profile. If you have any further questions or problems please feel free to let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
SIMon-TV
Hooked

If all goes well on Monday, thank you very much for resolving this problem!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Let us know how you get on. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button