Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed changed to 2 mb

apollo1
Grafter

Upload speed changed to 2 mb

Hi
I have re contracted to a 24 month contract via a phone call to plus net, happy with the deal, i did ask about upload speed not being changed to 2mb as this is not as my current service (approx 5-6 mb), was assured via phone that that speed was for new customers not existing customers, just got this via email
Account username: xxxxxxx
The order we placed to change your upload speed has completed.
Your upload speed is now 2Mbit/s.

Can someone from plusnet change it back to the original speed as was assured via the phone call it would not change
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Seatonsurfer

Re: Upload speed changed to 2 mb

I have had exactly the same email and not at all impressed. What is going on ?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@apollo1 - I'm looking in to this now for you.
@Seatonsurfer - It looks like you've upgraded to fibre fairly recently via the member centre, the fibre package you selected was the lower one that has speeds of 40/2.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@apollo1 - I've sent feedback on regarding the people you spoke to when re-contracting. As there's nothing on the account to suggest you were advised this would change when re-contracting, I've also taken the necessary steps to get your speed profiles changed to 40/10 (instead of 40/2) to get your upload speed back.
This speed profile change is expected to complete on 07/12/15.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
apollo1
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, the person i spoke to said the 2mb speed was for new customers not existing.
Thanks for sorting it
Seatonsurfer

Thats what I understood as well and being an existing customer who has just ungraded, it is disappointing to find that the UL speed has now been capped at 2Mb. Angry
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Customers currently on a 40/10 or 40/20 fibre package would keep the same upload speed if they were keeping the same package.
As you were previously on ADSL and only recently upgraded to fibre, this is on the speeds in line with the package we currently offer.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet