Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed capped?

steveetog
Hooked

Upload speed capped?

Hello,

I am on the Unlimited Fibre Extra package, and have noticed over the past couple of months that my upload speed has dropped drastically. Over the first few months with Plusnet, I was getting around 6-8Mb/s upload (standard for the line I am on), but recently this has dropped to less than 1Mb/s and sometimes doesn't even pass 0.4Mb/s with a relatively high packet loss rate. The download speed is unaffected and sits at 40-50Mb/s (again, standard for the line I'm on) but the upload speed is preventing me from streaming Twitch gameplay (which is why I opted for the higher package in the first place). I usually stream at 2.5Mb/s bitrate and since November 14th (when I started noticing the upload issue) I have been unable to stream.

Can you look into this and see if the line has been banded, and whether it needs to be corrected for my purchased package? Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Upload speed capped?

I can see you've raised a fault regarding this.

We'll get that picked up as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
steveetog
Hooked

Brilliant, thanks - I can't remember if I did a fault a month or so ago as well, I think I did but don't remember if I got any feedback about that. I only noticed the latest massive reduction because I was trying to upload files to Dropbox and they were taking way longer than they should have (hours for files of no more than 10mb each!), as well as getting upload timeout issues there. Actually, when running speedtests through Ookla, it frequently is unable to connect to get an upload speed at all.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What does the BT diagnostic speed test say for your upload IP Profile?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
steveetog
Hooked

The IP profile in btwholesale is showing as 20mbps. The actual upstream test through there is showing a throughput of 0.41mbps as of just now. I tried setting up for further diagnostics but when I connect to the btwholesale test account it tells me the test page is unavailable so I can't run the further testing.

samzh
Grafter

I dream of 0.41mbps! I'm getting 0.3mbps on a 20mbps up profile.

My ticket just sits, ignored for the last 4 days.