Grafter

Upload speed broken (sync speed OK)

Fibre extra:

Upload speed is 0.03Mb/s

Download is fine.

Modem reports
Max: Upstream rate = 37322 Kbps, Downstream rate = 118120 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps

I'm guessing I need to report a speed fault.

Results of BTW diagnostics:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 75.88 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-77.35 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 77.35 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
  0.03 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.03Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
13 REPLIES 13
davenos
Rising Star

Re: Upload speed broken (sync speed OK)

Your not the only one suffering ridiculous upload throughput.

5. DSL uptime: 11 days, 12:24:45
6. Data rate: 7348 / 36027
7. Maximum data rate: 7266 / 42091
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 6.6
9. Line attenuation: 38.3 / 24.1

Download speedachieved during the test was - 34.44 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 24.41 Mbps-34.87 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 34.87 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.04Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

tonycollinet
Grafter

Well this is an odd one.

One laptop connected via switch and long cable - unusable upload

One laptop connected via short cable diretly to router - upload fine.

Laptops connected via wireless but next to router - upload unusable (much slower than can be explained by wireless)

Seems to be pointing to a problem with the router.

davenos
Rising Star

For me its a very sporadic issue, i've changed from my HH5 back to the Openreach modem and Plusnet router and changed Ethernet cables for new ones and the problem persists, im not getting any higher than 2mbps no matter which router and cables i use.

Now to me it seems an awful coincidence that i started suffering from slow upload throughput(and slower than normal browsing in general) less than an hour after placing an order to move my services to another company,  now im certain that there is no relation between the 2 but it does make you think doesn't it.

davenos
Rising Star

Well it would seem that Plusnet have decided to move my package without warning onto the 40/2 package which is just plain ridiculous.

This company is going downhill very quickly.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Why don't you look at the stats in your opening post in this thread - You are not on the 40/2 package you are on the 40/10 package as shown by the upstream IP Profile

davenos
Rising Star

I know what my stats say but the agent i spoke to told me the maximum upload speed for my package is 2mbps, this is also the highest throughput speed i have achieved (1.6mbps actually) since yesterday.

They also told me that they didn't think anyone was left on the legacy 40/10 package.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

So the agent was talking rubbish

Plusnet can't directly influence the upstream speed which in your case is 7348 with an IP profile of 10Mb/s

If you were on 40/2 then your upstream speed and profile would reflect that

I assume that the speed tests were carried out wired and in this case you need to raise a fault

davenos
Rising Star

Here is the transcript of the chat(i've removed the DPA answer).

Agent:

Good afternoon, I'm agent name. How can I help?

David Young: im having issues with my connection, browsing is slower than normal and my upload throughput is just 0.04mbps with a sync speed of over 7mbps.
Agent:

I'm sorry to hear that, let me bring up your account

Agent:

As you've already provided your username, can I take the 3rd & 5th characters of your password please?

David Young: * and *
Agent:

Thank you.

Agent:

Thanks for waiting

Agent:

I have run testing and even 7Mb/s is low, David. Looking here you are syncing at 36Mb/s and have been since the Fibre order completed

David Young: The 7mbps i mentioned is the Upload sync speed not the download sync speed.
Agent: Oh I see, I'm sorry I missed that
Agent:

Right well you can only get 2Mb/s on the current package you are on, is the download speed affected at all?

David Young: That's incorrect im on the 40/10 legacy package.
Agent: Sorry I didn't think there was anyone left on that, let me check thus
Agent:

*this

The chat then disconnected.
My upload throughput speed has not achieved higher than 1.6mbps since yesterday.

EDITED

To remove the Customer service agents name.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I am not disagreeing with you that the agent said that but there are only a few fibre packages which can be ordered from BT

80/20, 55/10, 40/10, and 40/2

The upstream IP profile identifies whether you are on 80/20, 55/10/40/10 or 40/2

There is nothing in the Plusnet system which can limit your upstream speed result

I suggest waiting for a member of staff to pick it up

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

To help confirm what you are on, you could go to the member centre, change products, upgrade product, and it should show you what you are on now.

davenos
Rising Star

Hopefully one will as i've just had a reply from the twitter team stating my account has been moved over to the 40/2 as part of a clean up and that i should not have been on the 40/10 package at all as apparently i signed up after Plusnet stopped selling it.

davenos
Rising Star

@Mustrum I never thought of that, so i have done and here is what it says.

THIS IS YOUR CURRENT BROADBAND PACKAGE

Unlimited Fibre

£14.99
per month

• Unlimited Usage Allowance
  • 30Mb - 40Mb download speed (estimated)
  • 1Mb - 2Mb upload speed (estimated)
  • 18-month contract
  • Great if you regularly upload or stream HD TV and movies, or you're an online gamer

So there we have it moved without warning and that is simply not acceptable i've been on the 40/10 package since January 2015 which was well before they stopped selling it.

skibum

Dont usually come on this forum but such is my Plusnet Fibre service being so bad i really need to sort this out and quickly

for weeks now my signal goes off with out warning about 3 times a week - if I power off the router it comes back on very annoying 

however my far bigger problem is the upload speeds and web pages taking an age to open 

my uploads are now totally abysmal at about 2mb which is hopeless for me as I upload lots of images large file sizes and lots of them

I was getting around 13mb upload and 36mb download for the last 20 months which was fine and dandy no problem   - but now they have changed the speeds for uploads which is just not working for me at all - been sat here uploading about 400mb of images and got about halfway through them and its been going for half an hour all ready which is a joke

I pay £31 a month and this kind of service is just ridiculous... any likely hood that the upload speeds can be improved upon and the cut offs

this needs sorting ASAP or will be going elsewhere soon bitterly disappointed that you have dropped the speeds from your service I have Vodaphone offering me a bog standard broadband package for £21 a month with faster upload speeds than what I am now getting 

I have cleared the cookies and Cache out and pages take about 5-10 seconds to load in Chrome and also very slow with Edge just about had my fill of this Malarky I paid for a fast Fibre service and now getting an upload service which is comparable to bog standard broadband NOT GOOD ENOUGH