cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed below DSL checker

Sunzz
Grafter

Upload speed below DSL checker

Hi Smiley so i was advised to put a fault ticket in because my upload speed was below the dsl estimate of 7.3, i get 6 mb max but as im doing alot of youtube videos and plan to stream games soon the upload is probs more important then the download tbh. i just checked the DSL page again and the lowest speed has actually went up to 9.7. Guy on the ticket said the line is fine, is there anything that can be done to help me get a bit more upload speed? people around me seem to get much better upload speed :Sdslcheck.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Upload speed below DSL checker

Hi there,

I've just tested your line and I disagree with the response you've had on the faults ticket. Your line is below the estimates up and down. The next step is going to be to book an engineer, I'll update the fault ticket and if you can reply to that and then let us know here when you have done we'll get that booked.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Sunzz
Grafter

Re: Upload speed below DSL checker

Done Smiley thank you so much for ur reply chris, i feel really  cheeky asking about this upload problem as i know many people have worse etc and i consider myself lucky, but its weird when everyone on my exchange gets great upload speeds of like 16 mb etc and i get 6 at a push lol. Do you have any idea on why this might be happening?

Sunzz
Grafter

Upload Speed after eng visit

Hey everyone, so i posted about my upload speed being around 5 and a half mb when our estimate according to https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ was between 9.7 and 20. I was told to put in a fault which i did and an engineer was sent round, super cool guy who changed my master socket, some bits outside the house and also went down to the cabinet etc. My upload speed went up by about half a meg and here are the stats of the router before and after. Over time could the line adjust and maybe increase? are the stats better now or worse?first.jpgsecond.jpg

Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Upload Speed after eng visit

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Threads merged as well near duplicate post removed (possibly as a result of the spam filter capturing one of the posts)

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Sunzz
Grafter

Sorry mav, ok so now it's hammering down outside and my download has gone from 50 to 20 lol and I can't find any information on service problems in my area
Chris
Legend

now it's hammering down outside and my download has gone from 50 to 20

Did you notice if the sync speed changed?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Sunzz
Grafter

Daym i dont think i did Sad why didnt i check that! arghhh, just done a bt speedtest and im getting 43.73 down 4.75 up Sad heres my stats, can i have an ip profile reset thing again? thanks btw chris ur a legend Smiley19th.jpg

Chris
Legend

We can't reset IP profiles on fibre lines unfortunately.

Your line is still below the syncs I'd expect, as we have very little repair tools remotely on FTTC lines it's likely to need another engineer.

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 48.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 5.6 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Let me double check with a colleague and I'll come back again shortly.

Sunzz
Grafter

Aww the Eng was pretty much like, you know this is the best ur line can handle kinda thing. Changed the master socket, connectors outside our house and went to the cabinet i think he done pretty much everything lol. thanks chris btw Smiley

Sunzz
Grafter

sorry to put another reply on chris but i noticed something. So when i told u the other day that the engineer changed the master socket, some connectors outside the house and then went to the cabinet and like reset the ip profiles etc, then it hammered down with rain and messed up my connection badly, droping 10 mb on down and 2 on upload (so 4 mb), i just went outside and noticed this lol. could the rain of got in there and caused problems or is it all waterproof? wish i could get that ip profile reset now that i tried to fix it, then maybe over time my connection would adjust and get better?20161021_121107.jpg