Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload slower than expected

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Upload slower than expected

A while back I had a fault on my phone line which BT fixed - was found to be a corroded connection on the overhead pole.  That has been fixed, but ever since then I think banding is on my broadband service.

The upload should be around 7.5 Mb/s but is syncs at exactly 6000 Kbps now.    The router reports an attainable rate of 41 Mb/s downstream but it's stuck at 34999 Mb/s

I was told over time this would increase now the line fault has been fixed.  However it's been about 4 months and no change.   Can anything be done?

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Upload slower than expected

What are your expected speeds on the DSL Checker?

If the handback speed is higher than your sync speeds you can ask PN to investigate.

ccarmock
Rising Star

Yes it is faster than the handback speed, but not as fast as it can be, due to what I believe is banding due to the line fault.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @ccarmock

Did you manage to get in touch with one of my colleagues regarding the suspected line fault?

I'm happy to take a look if you didn't manage to reach someone - just PM me your username.

Thanks,

Dave

ccarmock
Rising Star

Hi Dave,

JonoH is looking into this for me.   I believe he is trying to get a remote DLM reset carried out, due to banding which is stuck.   However the reset seems to be takign a while to go through.