cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload crashes HG533 router.

algaeholics

Upload crashes HG533 router.

I have 80/20 FTTC - actual speeds are around 43/18 which is good enough as uploads are more important.  Roll_eyes
I choose not to use the 2704N as it is particularly useless and way too tied down to make it do what I need.  Sad
I am currently using my old TalkTalk HG533 in 'fibre' mode' - it worked - without fault on the TT ADSL when they were my provider.  Cheesy
Whenever I do any significant FTP uploads the TT router crashes completely after anything between 10 and 30 mins..  I cannot even ping the router so I have to power cycle - which is a bit annoying as I'm hosting various servers.  Huh
Has anyone else experienced an issue with uploads crashing a/the router and is there any way to avoid this issue?  Undecided
Cheers
Tim
4 REPLIES 4
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Upload crashes HG533 router.

Quote from: algaeholics
Has anyone else experienced an issue with uploads crashing a/the router and is there any way to avoid this issue?   Undecided
Buy a better router. There's a pretty wide choice out there and personally I'd avoid anything that was re-badged. Most ISPs that provide a router free of charge will supply the cheapest router they can find.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

It sounds like the router is overheating when you stress it. Could be down to a build up of dust inside the router and maybe helped by blowing compressed air through the device. Cans be be bought at Maplin or Currys are called airdusters
However if it is heat related then the router may have been pushed too far and need replacing. Might be worth a try spending £7 or £8 to see if it helps first.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
algaeholics

The router is not overheating - quite cool (8)) actually.  I've ordered a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND anyways - hopefully this will not have the same issue.
Thanks
algaeholics

Replying to myself here, but I have the new router http://www.cclonline.com/product/39856/TL-WR1043ND/Cable-Routers/TP-Link-Ultimate-Wireless-N-Gigabit... and it's very easy to setup - even for the advanced options and - so far....  the uploads are working just fine...    Cheesy
Thanks for all the responses.    Wink