cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload a file - maximum size?

EssexGonzo

Upload a file - maximum size?

Hi all,

First post from me (I think!) which has tole me thus far how good Plusnet's service has been for some years now. This is NOT a speed question as my upload speed is typically 7meg.

Anyway, I've just transferred my 1995 wedding video from VHS to digital. The 5gb file is sat on my laptop and I want to upload it to me Google storage for safekeeping. 

I've tried a couple of times but nothing seems to happen with the forecast time dialogue box just going up and up and up. I've even tried starting it after midnight (hopefully quieter) and have come down in the morning to see the time remaining as 23 hours! 

I know it's a very large file and will take some time - but is there a Plusnet-related reason why this wouldn't work?

Thanks

Simon 

3 REPLIES 3
EssexGonzo

Re: Upload a file - maximum size?

Just to mention - Google Drive's max file size is 10gb so I'm well under that.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Welcome Smiley

What device are you using to upload the file? If a laptop or desktop computer, is there a possibility that you can use a wired ethernet connection if not already?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
EssexGonzo

Hi Matty,

I'm using a Macbook Air so no ethernet cable unfortunately. However, I've tried it with the laptop practically on top of the wifi Hub with a good strong connection and still no progress.

I might try and find an SD card or USB stick and try another PC in the house.