cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed under 1mb on fibre

FIXED
sableyefork

Upload Speed under 1mb on fibre

Hi, I am experiencing really slow upload speeds with my fibre internet.

On the `My Account` page, it suggests I should see 5-7mb but instead I only get 1mb. I'm not sure if this is a new problem or if I just never noticed it as the download speed is acceptable.

The plusnet hub is plugged into the master socket (SSFP), and the PC is connected to the hub via ethernet. I have tried restarting both - but it's clear that the issue is not between the PC and the hub as the hub itself reports >1mb upload speeds.

I have attached screenshots of my account page, my hub's speed test, and the BT speed test. The gist of it is:

* My Account estimates I should get 5-7mb

* The Hub reports getting 901kbps

* BT speed test reports 0.98mbps

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Upload Speed under 1mb on fibre

Hi @sableyefork, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online here

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
sableyefork

I submitted the ticket on Wednesday and have had no response. I understand that things take longer than usual at the minute, but is there any guidance about how long I should expect to wait for a response?

The problem has persisted, and I am also experiencing intermittent dropouts in connection, making it very difficult to work from home.

Thanks for all your help,

Steven

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @sableyefork Sorry for the issues with your connection. Our tests are showing what's known as an "Impairment in copper joint most likely in local (Openreach) network". I've raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and I've added more detail onto your support ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201066119

I'm taking this on personally so I'll follow things up with you after.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet