cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Very Low on Unlimited Fibre

mallah
Dabbler

Upload Speed Very Low on Unlimited Fibre

It's been a couple of weeks since I got Fibre and was told to wait 10 days for things to settle down so was hoping my upload speed would be better than this. Friends are reporting much better.

Is there anything I need to check? My router is plugged direct into the BT socket and my PC via Ethernet cable into the router.

9 REPLIES 9
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Upload Speed Very Low on Unlimited Fibre

You can check the speed BT Openreach (BTOR) estimate for your line here:

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If your upstream speed is much lower than the estimate you can try complaining to Plusnet but remember BTOR do not guarantee any upstream speed. Sad

mallah
Dabbler

Thanks, I've run that and get these results. Suggests I should be getting at least 7mbps which is pretty much what my friends are getting?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Except that the product you are on has a maximum upstream speed of 2Mb/s but you should be getting better than the result you are getting

what does this speed test give http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Getting anything significantly better would require upgrading to Unlimited Fibre Extra.

npr
Pro

The OP says he's getting 1.09Mbps upstream, changing product will not improve on that.

In my experience BTOR are not interested in helping with upstream speeds, if the OP's downstream is much below the estimated speed he was given then he'll be better to pursue that aspect.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I am assuming that the stats on the Hub One helpdesk are perfectly fine and probably the full 39,999k down and 1,999k up, a single speedtest will not necessarily be particularly accurate or meaningful. The test result of 1 and a bit Mb is as expected for a 2Mb upload.

mallah
Dabbler

That link provided this which is slightly better. And the Analysis button tells me I'm doing OK.

Thanks for the link.

npr
Pro

Much better, that's in line with what you can expect from a 2Mbps max product.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Just popping by. If you contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2) we'd be able to arrange for your upload speed [and downstream] to be increased by upgrading your package to Unlimited Fibre Extra.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet