Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Increase

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Upload Speed Increase

Ok, according to the service notice, it only completed yesterday. I'll keep an eye out for the email and let you know when/if it arrives.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just incase!

xdslcmd info --stats
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason:	0
Last initialization procedure status:	0
Max:	Upstream rate = 6363 Kbps, Downstream rate = 48004 Kbps
Bearer:	0, Upstream rate = 2000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 40000 Kbps
Bearer:	1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State:	L0
Mode:			VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile:		Profile 17a
TPS-TC:			PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis:		U:ON /D:ON
Line Status:		No Defect
Training Status:	Showtime
		Down		Up
SNR (dB):	 10.1		 16.5
Attn(dB):	 24.4		 0.0
Pwr(dBm):	 11.2		 0.9
david12344321
Dabbler

No upload speed increase yet.
Wonder if power cycling the router will force it to change?
Was told by support that changing to fibre extra is only way to get upload speed quicker.
But that would have tied me into 18 month contract. At 38.98 a month when new users are getting a £25 deal with no line rental
Looks like vodafone in 4 months time lol
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Up to 5 days after the order completes we should have sent a confirmation that the order was successful. 

@JonoH just to let you know that the email did arrive late yesterday. Seems odd that there is so much gap between the service notice to say the upgrade order completed and the email notification that the upload speed has increased ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

I was delighted to get the email (12 days ago), that my fibre upload speed will be improving in November  CheesyThumbs Up

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/Welcome-to-faster-upload-speeds-for-Unlimited-Fibre/ba-p...

I did a speed test and I'm not there yet Embarrassed (but not complaining...just in case and with only a few months left on the contract...I'll be pleased to be able to try out a faster upload, before looking for my next ISP contract.) Roll eyes 

I like the idea that it will all happen in  November, in time for Christmas SmileyCheesy

Speed test via cable on BT Wholesale 13th November 2017Speed test via cable on BT Wholesale 13th November 2017

tiffy
Rising Star

Just had my free US speed upgrade this morning, location N.I., very welcome, many thanks to PN regardless of the politics !

Logistics of the change and associated re-synch:
US synch speed is to expectation for my line, 1.6 increased to 5.9 Mbps.
US SNRM decreased from 16 to 6 dB.

Effect on DS parameters:
DS synch speed dropped from 39.99 to 36.91 Mbps.
DS SNRM increased from 4.5 to 6.5 dB.
Believe that retx profile has been changed back to low, had been changed to retx high a week ago.

Can't currently obtain my BRAS IP profile as the BT WS "further diagnostics" won't complete, common occurance.

Have currently lost just over 1 Mbps in DS data throughput speed.
(Higher data throughput ratio due to retx low profile being re-applied)

Happy with the change:
Yes, appreciate the US speed boost.
Believe that the current DS speed loss will be recovered in time with DLM action as DS SNRM is reduced, hopefully retx profile will remain on low as it always has been since G.Inp application until last week, makes a big difference to the DS data throughput ratio of approx 91 to 97% (high/low profile)

30FTTC06
Pro

@tiffy

Good News!

Just being Curious if you have the spare time, what is your bufferbloat like and what modem are you using ?

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

bufferbloat.PNG

Edit: Before

dslreports.PNG

After:

Stats recorded 15 Nov 2017 15:11:25

DSLAM/MSAN type:        	BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c
Modem/router firmware:  	AnnexA version - A2pv6C038m.d24j
DSL mode:               	VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                 	2 days 7 hours 43 min 29 sec
Resyncs:                	1 (since 11 Nov 2017 15:47:53)

Downstream	Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):  	24.4		0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):	Not monitored		
Connection speed (kbps):	40000		6405
SNR margin (dB):        	9.8		5.8
Power (dBm):            	11.3		1.0
Interleave depth:       	16		1
INP:                    	45.00		0
G.INP:                  	Enabled		Not enabled
Vectoring status:       	5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)		

RSCorr/RS (%):          	0.0012		0.6850
RSUnCorr/RS (%):        	0.0000		0.0000
ES/hour:                	0.13		2.37

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Still no increase here yet (West Yorkshire).

Speedshot.JPG

But never mind, I'll cope with the wait (and the stress).  Roll_eyes

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@30FTTC06 this is mine BEFORE Smiley and when super fast, I will share that too Smiley

Just got a reply on the Blog announcement  https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/Welcome-to-faster-upload-speeds-for-Unlimited-Fibre/ba-p...

and I wonder what is meant by " the majority of our customers"? 

BEFOREBEFORE"the majority of our customers?""the majority of our customers?"

tiffy
Rising Star

@30FTTC06

Sorry, was not familiar with dslreports speed test site so can't provide any "before" results, would display the "after" results but can't figure out how to paste the snapshot here !

I am currently using a ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A router/modem in stand alone mode, recently changed from a Huawei HG612 & Netgear router combination, only used the PN Hub One for a few days during the ADSL/VDSL migration period as this has very limited stat's monitoring capabilities as you probably know.

I am on MDWS, ID also "tiffy" if anyone wishes to observe the before & after upgrade parameters which took place this morning @ 07:30 hrs..

30FTTC06
Pro

Thanks for the info, erm just press the picture icon which will allow you to upload the snapshot if you saved it as a .PNG file.

tiffy
Rising Star

@30FTTC06

Ahh, simple really, every day's a school day !

Capture.JPG

Many thanks for the tuition and opologies for my ignorance.

30FTTC06
Pro

@tiffy

Thats Better!

It's worth the small loss in bandwidth for a smoother tinternet.

It's costing me 5% as follows.

Download Speed 36190 -10% 32571 -5% 34380
Upload Speed 5430 -10% 4887 -5% 5158

tiffy
Rising Star

Yes, for the approx 3 Mbps loss in DS synch speed due to this mornings upgrade/re-synch, I have actually lost very little DS data throughput speed, I attribute this to my DS retx profile having been changed back to low with it's associated, approx 97% throughput ratio as opposed to approx 91% ration with retx high profile.

Having been on both retx profiles I have observed that retx high profile looks good producing a very high DS synch rate but the actual DS data throughput rate is marginally lower than when on retx low profile with it's associated lower DS synch rate, it's the change in data throughput ratio that makes a big difference.

Another factor in the equasion I have found is that the BT BRAS IP profile can become "stuck", after G.Inp application on my line I was convinced that I was on retx high profile as the TP ratio was always around 91%.
I am lucky enough to have a very stable and noise free line and as such rerely have any DLM intervention/re-synch's, I had to actually drop my PPP session for a short period to "bump" the BRAS DS IP profile which made a big difference to my data throughput speed and increased my TP ratio to over 96% proving that I had actually been on retx low profile all the time.

Perhaps my retx profile will change back to high again as it did a week ago by DLM action, appeared to be triggered by the DS SNRM reduction program at that time, as stated, it does not make a big difference to the DS data speed and perhaps produces an overall more stable connection ?

LEEEVANS69
Grafter

test1.jpg

Here's mine before the increase, funny thing is when it was installed in 2013 i was already at 8 or 9 lol  u/l