Fixes: 4

Re: Upload Speed Increase

Now where did I put my HUGE snowflake icon Cool

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Pete11 wrote:

Yes, I understand that, but those already on 38/2 going up to 38/10 only need a system tweak and job done.

Hi Pete, understand why you might think that but it's a common misconception, it in fact is a completely different wholesale product and so needs to be ordered with our suppliers. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
LEEEVANS69
Grafter

When mine was first installed i was getting 8+ upload, over the time it's dwindled to 2 average....now it's being increased......funny old world 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

So does receiving the email to say it's happening, actually mean mine's in the batch that's about to happen OR is the email being sent to everyone at the same time ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LEEEVANS69
Grafter

Did you get the email if this is what it says

Hello LeeIt’s all good news! Improving your service, no cost no catch.

From November we’ll be boosting the upload speed of your service, going from 1.9Mbps up to a whopping 9.5Mbps, which should make uploading stuff to the internet quicker*. 

Broadband upload speeds are important for most of the things you do online so we’re improving them for you, at no extra cost. This means things like sending emails with big attachments, uploading your holiday pics to Facebook and gaming will be quicker. Check out our blog post for more info on this. 

There’s nothing for you to do, we’ve got it all sorted. You might have a small drop in your connection, no longer than a minute, whilst we work on this for you. Everything should reconnect straight away, if not just reboot your router. We’ll be back in touch once this has happened. 

Thanks,
The Plusnet Team
*Described as 'up to' because your actual speeds will vary. We'll give you the best speed available on your line, this is dependent on your location, phone line, home wiring and time of day.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yep, that's the one. My guess is that it's being sent to everyone at the same time!. I've checked on the dslchecker and there's no order open on my line so there's certainly no upgrade in progress at the moment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LEEEVANS69
Grafter

Just checked mine too, says up to 2mbps  still.

LEEEVANS69
Grafter

plusnet.jpg

Looks like mine is 9.6 already?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

No, that's just what it WOULD be capable of if your Fibre product allowed it. The checker doesn't show your current product.

It WILL show if there are any orders pending on your line, so when the upgrade order is placed by PN it will say something like ' there is an open order on your line , due to complete on....'

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Well, I was pleasantly surprised to see an e-mail notification, a few minutes ago, that my upload would be increased from the current 1.9 to an estimated 9.5. No doubt they are obliged to notify of any change in service whether good or bad.

Full marks for eventually actioning something that 38/2 customers have been asking for.

Now all we need is a 55 download too. At no extra cost, of course.Roll_eyes

david12344321
Dabbler

im stuck at 2mb as well. ive contacted plusnet on chat and they have no heard about this change back to 9.5mb.

they say you have to upgrade your package to fibre extra.

im going to leave plusnet and go to sky or bt

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@david12344321 it's being rolled out in batches up to the end of November.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@david12344321 Oh dear! Sounds like you got someone in the CSC who doesn't know what's happening

The upload increase is definitely happening. I checked my.account earlier today and there was a service notice.to say my account​ had successfully been changed from 40:2 to 40:10. BT wholesale speed test still showed an upload profile of 2Mb but a speed test gave 8Mb uploadSmiley

Strangely my router showed no PPPoE drop but maybe the modem resynched before the session timed out...

david12344321
Dabbler

when will the nothern ireland users be upgraded, surely there is a rollout schedule?Huh