ee61re
Grafter

Re: Upload Speed Increase

bt.png

StephenJB2
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

November is done now, and I'm still on 2mbs.  Any updates?  Regards, S.

nettech99
Hooked

My upstream was upgraded on the 16th and with it my downstream sync speed increased from approx. 27mbps to 32-38mbps (it started off at 32 and I've seen it as high as 38...seems to vary each day). Since then there have been at least 8 "hits" on the line (ie. goes down for less than a minute and immediately recovers). Before the upgrade the line was very stable. How long is the DLM period supposed to last? Or it is continuous?  Trying to ascertain if it's worth leaving it a while longer or if I should raise a ticket.

Router is TP-Link TD-W9980. Current stats below.

Capture.JPG

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter and duplicate post removed.

sandcat

Same here. No sign of any improvement. My upload speed varies between 0.25 and 0.6 so I can't wait for the upgrade to give me (say) 2Mb. Maybe they're saving it for a Christmas present!!!

ee61re
Grafter

I found that rebooting my openreach modem has sorted the problem - so my uploads are back to about 7Mbps - although I will monitor it over the next week or so, in case it reduces over time.

ee61re
Grafter

Dragging this up again - the upload speed has been generally fine (around 9Mbps) - but every now and then (at least once or twice a month) I find it has dropped back to around 1.5Mbps - like today.

I've found that a router reboot makes no difference - but a modem reboot fixes it.

Is this likely to be an issue with the modem itself - e.g. would a modem replacement fix it - or is something further up the chain causing this, I wonder?

rosie01

I started my contract on 27 December 18 a month after the 39/10 upgrade was announced but I have never had anything but 39/2 speeds. 1.why was I not given the upgrade from the start. 2.when will my speed be reset to the new 39/10 ?