Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Increase

fatbellybinky
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Upload Speed Increase

Mine went over this morning - noticed my router flashing orange for a minute or so and now get just short of 9MBPS upload. 

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Switched this morning without even being aware of it. Smiley

6. Data rate: 9999 / 39950
7. Maximum data rate: 19511 / 62254
8. Noise margin: 12.8 / 12.4

Thanks, PlusNet Smiley

tiffy
Rising Star

@bobminors

Good result,

Not sure if you monitor your router stat's or to what level, do you know what our DS synch speed prior to the upgrade was ?

Have G.Inp paramerers been changed due to the re-synch ? (assuming you are on a Huawei FTTC cabinet)

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

@tiffy wrote:

..., do you know what our DS synch speed prior to the upgrade was ?

Until today it was

10:50:21, 11 Nov. ( 127.660000) PPPoE is up -​ Down Rate=39950Kbps, Up Rate=1999Kbps; SNR Margin Down=12.6dB, Up=20.7dB

Since this morning, it's been

07:19:15, 21 Nov. (851446.890000) PPPoE is up -​ Down Rate=39950Kbps, Up Rate=9999Kbps; SNR Margin Down=12.5dB, Up=12.9dB

Have G.Inp paramerers been changed due to the re-synch ? (assuming you are on a Huawei FTTC cabinet)

Yes, I am on a Hauwei cabinet but I don't know if my G.Inp has changed today. I use a Hub One router, and I don't think it reports that level of detail, does it?

(edit - added)

The ping time to the gateway is around 12ms and that hasn't changed for months, so I think G.Inp has been enabled all along and is still enabled. Does that make sense?

tiffy
Rising Star

@bobminors

You are very lucky and have had a very painless profile change, you US parameters have not been effected at all.
I would think you are located very close to the FTTC cabinet and have virtually no noise issues as both your US & DS synch rates are on the top end of your contracted rates.

Yes, you are likely on US G.Inp as your FTTC cabinet is Huawei, as you have said, can't really tell much about the parameters from a PN Hub One, not a Broadcom chip set so very limited stat's monitoring capabilities.

I had quite a big impact on my US parameters as a result of the upgrade, lost over 3 Mbps US synch rate, however, my G.Inp profile was changes to retx low at the same time which increased the data throughput ratio so only experienced a small DS data speed loss.

As expected, I had a DLM re-synch 5 days after the upgrade when I re-gained some of my lost DS synch speed, however, went back on to G.Inp retx high profile which promptly negated that gain with it's associated lower data TP ratio !

Still appreciate the free US speed boost, believe my DS speed will eventually revert to previous rates when DLM works through it's various processes at it's own rate, certainly nothing PN can do about that.

I would not think your line should experience any further DLM interventions as a result of the upgrade as your DS SNRM has remained unchanged, obviously the US SNRM has changed with the new banding.

By the way, "RouterStats" has a dedicated monitoring program for the PN Hub One (BT HH5a) don't know if you have tried this, it's better than nothing and probably as good as it gets with respect to stat's monitoring on your router, I used this for the very short period of time I had the Hub One in service.

Enjoy your upgrade.

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

@tiffy

Yes, I'm lucky enough to be only about 200 yds from the street cabinet, so I get good signal. I guess my case is about as good as it gets.

I didn't know about the RouterStat program; thanks for the tip. I got it going quite easily on my HubOne, just needed to tweak the URL of the Helpdesk page.

Hope your connection settles down Smiley

XLYC

Mines done.. although my download is now suffering.......
tiffy
Rising Star

@XYLC

See previous posts in this thread, DLM should eventually return your DS parameters / speed to original, my first DLM intervention post upgrade took 5 days, still more to come I would think as my DS SNRM is still high.

tiffy
Rising Star

@XLYC

Apologies, previous post typo !

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

PN threw the switch for me last night Smiley early results...

BEFOREBEFOREEARLY AFTEREARLY AFTER

LEEEVANS69
Grafter

speed2.jpg

test1.jpg

david12344321
Dabbler

Yeah I'm back to 2015 speeds.

Now will plusnet give me same deal as a newbie in 3 months time 😂😂😂
Retractor
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Finally arrive here this morning about 07:30. Getting between 7.5 and 8 Mb up. have to wait and see what the DLM recons although my line is showing on DSLREPORTS an A for overall and A+ for quality. PIty the buffer bloat is not the same.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

In the words of the Beatles song " I have to admit its getting better, better all the time" Cheesy

Current speedtest on WIFI!Current speedtest on WIFI!Speed test, before upload speed increase, during and now!Speed test, before upload speed increase, during and now!

ee61re
Grafter

We got the upload speed increase a couple of weeks ago - but testing it again this weekend, the upload is back to ~2Mbps.  Download speed is same as before.

(Unsure exactly when the upload dropped - I work away, so wasn't around to test it)

Is it just going to be that the line can't cope with more than ~2Mbps up?