Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Increase

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Upload Speed Increase

Does this on the PN Blog mean it maybe December for some? 

Capture5.PNG

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

This also outlines the business process of the roll-out  (also from the PN Blog announcement).

Capture6.PNG

CanisLupus

Many Thanks for the help. 

I spoke to [CSA Removed] on Live Chat earlier. He was really helpful and I think he already knew what was going on. He said it should be sorted within 24h. So I guess it's a wait until tomorrow.

Cheers

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Retractor
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Another week goes by and still no upload increase. 

PN are pushing it to the wire. After having intermittent faults for the life time of my contract I expected PN to sort this out quick.

tiffy
Rising Star

It's only the 17th. of the month, not exactly "pushing it to the wire", by the end of November was the PN prediction, someone has to be at or near the end of the list !

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

Meanwhile, I wonder what Which will make of this improved freebee upgrade? https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/11/which-research-suggests-providers-could-overestimate-broadband-...

ZedWasTaken

From the SW and still have not received the upgrade yet. Super annoying because a lot of what I do involves pier2pier connections where upload is super important. Hope it isn't me at the bottom of the list lol

LEEEVANS69
Grafter

Torquay here and still not back to higher u/l

tiffy
Rising Star

Be patient, have faith in PN, it will happen although hardly likely at the weekend I would have thought.

I eventually did get the e-mail notification of the upgrade 2 days after the event, hypothetical really.

Unfortunately the BT BRAS IP profile checker is still broken so can't get to see the current IP profiles post upgrade, be aware that US synch. rate and data throughput speed are likely to be effected due to the DSLAM re-synch, I lost over 3 Mbps in DS synch and 1 Mbps in DS data rate, expecting this to return to previous eventually with DLM action.

See other thread on the BT BRAS IP profile checker issue. 

Retractor
Grafter
Fixes: 1

It`s OK to say have patience when you have already got it. I live in the SE and it`s still not arrived here yet, it`s bit like waiting for Christmas.

Perhaps its the north/south divide getting in the way.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

They probably sending it by carrier tortoise.  Wink

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
30FTTC06
Pro

I'm In the South East and had mine done on the 13th, so for people thinking that a reboot of your modem/router or not using Plusnet equipment will stop the process etc... it doesn't make any odds what your using or how many times you reboot. It's just a waiting game.

Hope that helps a little.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

I'm in West Yorkshire and got the upgrade on the 16th. @30FTTC06 is correct. it's a waiting game. I have not rebooted my router...it just happened that I did a speed test and the upload speed increased. Hang on in there, it'll happen.  Thumbs_Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
tiffy
Rising Star

As 30FTTC06 says, re-booting your router will just keep re-synching at the old rate until the US profile has been changed by BTw at PN's request, too many re-synch's for any reason in a short period of time may well attract unwelcome attention from DLM which can be very counter productive at any time although under these circumstances the eventual upgrade process would appear to virtually perform a DLM reset which effects DS line parameters as well, see earlier post in this thread.

tiffy
Rising Star

Additional information which may be of interest to already upgraded or still awaining DS speed upgrade members:

As expected, had a DLM instigated re-synch today, 5 days after my DS speed upgrade & associated line profile change.
MY DS SNRM was decreased by 1dB, likely the main cause of the DLM intervention as my line can historically support 3dB, was set @ 6dB as a result of the upgrade on 15/11/17.

Gained close to 2 Mbps DS synch speed as a result of the SNRM change, however, DS G.Inp retx high profile was re-applied, had been changed to default profile of retx low as a result of the upgrade re-synch, with it's associated lower data throughput ratio penalty so my DS data TP speed actually decreased slightly.

Gained a few Kbps on US synch speed at lease, G.Inp does not effect this as only applied to DS.

Still no idea what my current BT BRAS IP profiles are as the BTw tester is still not working, see other thread.

Expecting further DLM changes to be applied over time as currently on 5dB DS SNRM.

So, as already stated earlier by a PN staff member, expect DLM activity post upgrade which could go on for quite some time while your line sorts itself out again after the profile change and this will effect the line US parameters also as outlined.