Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed Increase

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Upload Speed Increase

@tiffy I fully agree with your reasoning. But I was looking at QOS.

My 5% is spent on QOS.

I'm even more curious now to know if your are infact even using QOS ? look @Leapy and @LEEEVANS69 speed tests.

tiffy
Rising Star

@30FTTC06

Apologies again, you have completely lost me here on "QOS" which I presume to be Quality Of Service ?

No, I am not aware that I am using QOS, what does that involve ?

30FTTC06
Pro

Unless it's already on.. I would leave well alone as you don't need it.

But for reading and catching up if anybody is curious here is a pdf for yours I think ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/VMG1312-B10A/user_guide/VMG1312-B10A_1.00.pdf

30FTTC06
Pro

Just had the update email arrive. So thats 2 days 11 hours 25 mins after the upgrade.

tiffy
Rising Star

@30FTTC06

Ahh, so QOS is a router function, I do have a manual on my ZyXEL router but obviously have not got around to or not had occasion to read in sufficient depth to date, many thanks for the information, will get around to reading up on this.

Can't get too excited about the official e-mail notification from PN, I'am just happy that the switch has taken place, I can understand however that most users are not monitoring their system on a daily basis and any changes are very likely to go un-noticed as long as the system is still working on demand.

Retractor
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I`m certainly monitoring very closely, but nothing happen here yet.

OR have just (hopefully) fixed a long term problem by renewing all my over head cables to find it was an underground connection. I tried to get the engineer to switch me over to the faster upload but no way.

All I end up with is a much slower connection rate although I still get 38/2 that averages around 37Mb up and 1.7Mb down same as before fix.  So as soon as PN decide up my upload I will know what I`ve lost. I had 57Mb Plus download 13Mb Plus upload connection rates. now connects in the region of 49Mb down and 8Mb up.

Come on PN pull your finger out the end of November is looming, just like the end my contract.

Retracer

flipper30

Is there any reason why my download speed has dropped whilst the upload speed has gone up as promised?

I've gone from 2 to around 9 for upload, which is great, but the download speed has dropped significantly from around 30 to below 20.

My contract has just ended and you're trying to convince me to sign up to a new one; my mind was made up when you said you would be raising the upload speed but the 20mbps download speed is not good enough for fibre and I can only assume you've deliberately limited it to compensate for the upload speed.

Any chance it's a temporary thing or is this a permanent sacrifice for a still not particularly decent upload speed?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

At the moment, certain line parameters will be reset upon completion of the provisioning order. This is imposed at supplier level, and isn't under our influence unfortunately. In the majority of cases, any reduction in downstream will recover over time.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

liane14
Dabbler

Did the same for me in terms of over 10mb reduction but in my case a simple reboot of the hub resolved it.

Didn't have the email to say it's been changed mind you.
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Mine must have happened overnight..here's before upgrade..

Speedshot.JPG

And here;s after...

Speedshot2.jpg

Thanks Plusnet.  Thumbs_Up  One happy bunny.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

My upload speed went up yesterday,happy bunny.Cheesy

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
nibeht

Will wait on this as looking around to move to different provider purely on low upload speed, will hang fire for a few more weeks I think and see what happens, sceptic....who me.....Crazy2

CanisLupus

Hi all,

just wanting to have some confirmation if possible. I was previously on BT's 52/10 package which, as most of you know was upgraded to 80/20 for Infinity 1 customers and I was reaching speeds of around 73/20 on my line.

My contract was up last week and so 2 weeks ago i was contemplating of rejoing plusnet. I read that their "base" Fibre consisted of only 2mb upload...which is pretty bad so I was thinking of staying with BT until I found something else...That was until I found out that Plusnet was increasing their 2mb back up to 10mb...which is great.

According to the blog post it states:"New Plusnet Unlimited Fibre customers will start getting the faster upload speed from the point of sign-up, and we’ll also start to move our existing ‘up to 38Mbps’ customers to the faster upload speed from November."

When I signed up (this was after the blog post) when going through the setup it always stated 2mb upload...so I asked in the Chat and (I for the life of me can't remember who I spoke to) said that it will be 10mb upload.

Well, today was my activation day, everything has gone smoothly as it always has, I am getting 40mb down...but only 2mb upload and not 10mb. 

Is this just temporarily, will I be upgraded to 10mb also by the end of the month? As I'm a new user I wouldn't have had an email saying that plusnet are upgrading existing customers to 10mb, so I'm unsure now if I will stay on 2mb for the duration of my contract or if it will be back up to 10mb before the end of the month.

Many thanks.

tiffy
Rising Star

Hi,

On this thread and other upgrade related threads it has been stated quite a number of times by various staff members that new customers would be activated on the 40/10 package, would not make any sense for PN to have to instigate a future change to your US speed profile which would have to be completed before the end of November to avoid BT WS charged to them.

I would check immediatly with PN that their US profile is correct, you can't currently check your BT BRAS profile due to ongoing issues with the BT WS Performance Checker, see other thread, I'am sure PN staff can still check through their systems.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@CanisLupus The agent who placed your order did it wrong. 

You have a couple of options:

You wait in the hope a staff member sees you post and gets it corrected - it might take a while

Or get in touch with them, and raise it as a fault - hopefully you will get someone who knows how to correct your issue.

HTH