Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Cut to 2Mbps?

FIXED
alexw1

Re: Upload Cut to 2Mbps?

Hi Harry 

Sorry to hijack this thread but I've had a very similar experience.

I was with PlusNet for about a year - having great service and at least 36down / 8up. 

I moved house earlier this year and re-contracted, and although my download is till fine my upload is less then 2mb now. 

Only just noticed when I tried to connect to PS4 shareplay for the first time in a while and it wouldn't work ;-((

Is there any way you can check on my account to see if I've suffered a similar fate to the OP? 

Many thanks

Lex

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Alex,

Believe that it may be a similar circumstance. I've placed an order to regrade you to 55/10. Are you ok to check back for me on Wednesday? ^MC

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
alexw1

Thanks Matt

All looks good now. Much appreciated!

Lex
fibrelover

Sorry to jump on this one...

@MattyC maybe you can help. I have been a Plusnet customer for many years, with a Fibre connection on 40/20 (around 8Mbps up). In January I upgraded to unlimited while remaining out of contract. At no point was it mentioned that my upload speed would then be capped at 2Mbps. I think this is an error, and strongly feel that as I haven't entered a new contract the original upload speed should still apply, rather than the 'new customer' offer. Are you able to regrade me 55/10?

thanks in advance.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there, I've identified that your circuit should be moved to 55/10. I've just placed a modify order now to regrade your service. Can you let me know how you get on tomorrow?

Thanks.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
fibrelover

Hi @Anoush,

Thanks very much for the speedy response and reprovisioning. 

I can see from the BT Wholesale Speedtest the change has now been applied to the upload. I've also done some wiring improvements at home which dramatically improved the download IP profile (and I expect it to improve further over the coming days).

It seems that there might be still be a cap in your network layer which is throttling the download to 25Mbps and upload to 2Mbps?

Regards,

Chris

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 09.43.31.png

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems. There's no cap that I can see, on the Plusnet systems, however testing your line I'm detecting 2 problems. The first being that the service is banded at 40/2 which explains why you're just getting close to 2 Mbps upload.

Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

The second being that there's a possible phone fault identified which may explain why your throughput is low.

Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

I'd advise to call your phone provider and ask them to perform a line test. If they confirm there's no fault, I'd then advise to wait a couple of days to see if the banding removes itself as the order to regrade the service has only just completed.

Failing this, it's best to raise a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button