cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to fibre

FIXED
nagenod6

Upgrading to fibre

I contacted Plusnet on 7 nov to enquire about upgrading to fibre which involves signing up to a contract ( we were no longer on contract) it seemed a good idea at the time since the price was going to remain much the same and I was assured there would be no disruption to our service, it would just be a question of plugging in the new router I was assured BUT what happened next has been a nightmare!! On 14 nov we suddenly lost service without any warnings . We were told that we needed to plug in the new router , what new router? No router had been despatched! We spent a considerable amount of time talking to Plusnet over the phone and we we were told that a router would now be ordered and that we would get it Friday 15 or Saturday 16 Nov. No router arrived! We contacted them again today Monday 18 Nov, and found out that the router was only ordered today, and not last Thursday! We have now been without internet for 5 days and it looks like the earliest we will be back on will be Wednesday if we are lucky! We work from home, so it’s just disastrous! Has anyone out there had a similar experience? I really regret requesting this upgrade! They have not done me proud and I am starting to loose faith! Sad Sad
6 REPLIES 6
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Upgrading to fibre

Fix

Hi @nagenod6,

I'm sorry you've been having issues. It's not really acceptable that the router wasn't ordered when your regrade went through, and as you've noted wasn't ordered until yesterday, I cannot explain why that's happened. I'm hopeful that you'll receive the router tomorrow, but I can't guarantee that as it's not been dispatched out to the warehouse. What I'd say is if you have a VDSL compatible router at all we'd be happy to talk you through setting this up to get you back online. Alternatively you can purchase one from a store and we'd be happy to add a credit onto your next bill (upon receiving a copy of the receipt) to cover the cost of the router to the value of £40. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@nagenod6 not a very high performance router ( and looks awful!) but you can pick one of these https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/td-w9970/ up for £30 in Tesco or £40 in argos. Only single band wifi but if you need something quick ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nagenod6

Thank you !
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Let us know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nagenod6

The people on Plusnet Community were the only ones willing to help us, with the exception of [CSA Removed] in Technical support! It has taken 6 days without internet to get the help we needed, we have spent hours on the phone to Plusnet and been passed around the departments, including Cancellations ( were they trying to tell us something?) for no obvious reasons, each time we had to pass security of course and we were put on hold time after time! To say that the whole experience has been farcical is a huge understatement. We have written to Andy Baker, your CEO twice! We work from home and being without internet for 4 full working days has had an impact on our earnings! Really really disappointed with Plusnet! After 5 years of being loyal customers, this could be the end of a relationship! Why all the incompetence? They have certainly NOT done us proud!!! Sad

A big thank you to JOLO , MisterW and also [CSA Removed] in technical support! 

Please Joe can you advise how to get my refund for te router I purchased from Argos for £39.99.

Many thanks

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@nagenod6,

It's up to you, you can either send me a PM with a copy of the email, or a picture of the receipt and we'll get that refund sorted for you. 

I'm sorry you've had problems, it's not ideal but the two complaint you wrote have been received. The first was received on the 18th and was raised via the ticketing system. Unfortunately it appears immediately after raising it it was accidentally closed by yourself - I can see you re-opened this yesterday afternoon. The second we received via letter yesterday and has been logged on your account here, those complaints will be dealt with by the CEO team - although FYI they have a 5 working day response time (generally much quicker than this).