cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to fibre / poor communication

dus660

Upgrading to fibre / poor communication

Whilst in an existing Plusnet contract, I asked about upgrading to fibre to see if I would still receive my existing contract benefits. I was assured it would cost me an additional £6 a month for my contract and I took this on. Subsequently, bills have shot up as they now say I broke my old contract and took on a new 18 month one.
Advice to existing customers would be to shop around - and don't trust what Plusnet tell you online (didn't have the patience to wait 45 minutes over the phone!). Even with an added monthly bill for breaking a contract with Plusnet, every other provider available would still be considerably cheaper with a better service.
Further to this they are apparently now offering me a 6 month £10 discount - so just another 9 months to go on £54 a month!.
They never even notified me of this, just left a one line note on the account centre. Very disappointing service all round. On the plus side, I'll get good value from posting all my correspondence on social media. Angry
2 REPLIES 2
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Upgrading to fibre / poor communication

Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the experience you've had. Having taken a look at the account, I can't see anywhere that we haven't been transparent about the costs of the fibre service, or the involved contract, but I do apologise if any of our correspondence was confusing.
dus660

Re: Upgrading to fibre / poor communication

I don't intend to get into a slanging match on here, but if you think you've been 'transparent' about the costs then you haven't read the whole thread. I quite clearly asked will my bill increase by £6 and remain for the same duration. The final two posts weren't notified to me and arent clear about the period they cover? This has proven to be a very expensive contract.
Regards