cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to fibre - discrepancy with speed and price online

mike_p

Upgrading to fibre - discrepancy with speed and price online

We have been a customer with Plusnet for many years and are looking to upgrade from the basic broadband package to fibre.  This is on the back of repeated slow download speeds with the basic broadband package nowhere near the claimed average speed of 10mbps.  We average 3.4mbps, upload 0.9mbps and large files take an inordinate amount of time to download.

When checking the Unlimited Fibre offer on the plusnet website, I see conflicting information.

When accessing the website from a mobile device and not logged in it offers 36mbps average download speed from £22.99/month.  When accessing the website in the “offers and upgrades” section while logged in and looking at my account, the unlimited fibre offer is both more expensive and slower (£27.99/month initially increasing to £35.98/month and 11-18mb download speed).  Other internet providers offer cheaper and faster deals and I am increasingly considering switching.

I have attempted to call the Plusnet team but understandably their call centre was impossible to reach by phone.

Any helps would be appreciated as to:

1 – why there is a discrepancy with the two unlimited fibre offers on price and speed

2 – how I can go about upgrading to fibre

3 – whether I can keep my plusnet email addresses if I upgrade to fibre

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Ensor
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgrading to fibre - discrepancy with speed and price online

@mike_p wrote:

When accessing the website from a mobile device and not logged in it offers 36mbps average download speed from £22.99/month.

I think you'll find that those offers are only available to new customers.

I noticed similar price differences early last year when I was recontracting and that was the reason.