cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Unlimited Fibre Extra

monkeyphil

Upgrading to Unlimited Fibre Extra

I find it a little bit ridiculous that having signed up to Unlimited Fibre at £14.99 with a £8.98 discount 3 months ago, that when I'm looking to move to Extra for an extra £5 and the product change site says:

"If you switch your broadband product, we'll reduce your monthly broadband bill for as long as you keep your phone service with Plusnet."

and

"Change to this package and remain on your current 12 contract (9 months remaining)"

..that when talking to customer services I'm told that I can only make the change, and keep the discount, if I took out a further 18 month contract, despite what the product change page is suggesting.

Is this really the case? Are plusnet really happy to turn away an extra £45 for pretty much no work, and also a customer in 9 months time when I look to move to another provider as a result of this?

If the agent was incorrect then happy to be contacted to fix what sounds like a stupid stance to take for an existing customer.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Upgrading to Unlimited Fibre Extra

Hi there,

@monkeyphil wrote:
"If you switch your broadband product, we'll reduce your monthly broadband bill for as long as you keep your phone service with Plusnet."

Sorry if there's any confusion here. Putting it a different way, if you move your phone service from us, you'd lose any monthly discounts you have and incur a surcharge of £2.50.

@monkeyphil wrote:

"Change to this package and remain on your current 12 contract (9 months remaining)"

With that option, you'll lose any discounts you have on your account so you'll be paying £19.99 per month for Unlimited Fibre Extra.

@monkeyphil wrote:

..that when talking to customer services I'm told that I can only make the change, and keep the discount, if I took out a further 18 month contract, despite what the product change page is suggesting.

Is this really the case? Are plusnet really happy to turn away an extra £45 for pretty much no work, and also a customer in 9 months time when I look to move to another provider as a result of this?

If the agent was incorrect then happy to be contacted to fix what sounds like a stupid stance to take for an existing customer.

I'd recommend discussing this with our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2].

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet