cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Broadband to Fibre Broadband - Are There Delays With Openreach

FIXED
HarryL

Upgrading from Broadband to Fibre Broadband - Are There Delays With Openreach

Hi folks, I upgraded from normal broadband to fibre and was advised by Plusnet that this change would happen on 3rd July. My new router/hub arrived on 6th July. I checked my speed before I changed the router - 6.4mb download. After installing the new router I got 1mb better - 7.4mb! I assume this tiny increase was due to the more modern router, and that perhaps my line has not been upgraded yet as Plusnet have said I should get a minimum of 30mb download. I appreciate that there might be delays with BT Openreach due to Covid, but there was nothing in the Plusnet communications to flag up this possibility. If there are delays I will happily wait for it to be sorted, but if my line should have been upgraded on 3rd July then presumably I will need to phone Plusnet to get this checked out? Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
YYTSIM
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgrading from Broadband to Fibre Broadband - Are There Delays With Openreach

Fix

This happened to me not too long ago as well, they set a date for the upgrade and nothing happened.  I checked again a few days later and it was upgraded.  No updates from Plusnet about it.  I would just wait a few more days and see if it gets upgraded.  Like you said probably a delay with the BT Openreach engineers actually making the physical switch.

HarryL

Re: Upgrading from Broadband to Fibre Broadband - Are There Delays With Openreach

Thank you so much YYTSIM, that's the reassurance I needed. I will wait another few days. It's a pity Plusnet couldn't flag this up in their communications but I understand that they're probably inundated due to the pandemic so my issue is very minor in the scheme of things. Thanks again.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi if you go here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and put your phone number in, at the bottom it will  say if there is still an open order and the date that it's expected to be completed. 

if one isn't there then either it's complete and something has gone wrong or the order was not put through at all which happens.

HarryL

Hi Terranova667, that's very helpful thanks. I checked it earlier and there didn't appear to be an outstanding action on my line. I rang Plusnet customer services who said it appeared that it might have been actioned today but might not take effect until midnight. So I'll have another look tomorrow. Many thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.