cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

FIXED
maverickuk2019
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

Whole lot of nothing happening here again Matthew and I still cant use the net for anything useful. 

Download Speed (Mbps): 0.40

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.96

Ping Latency (ms): 23

Interesting to see the above when I do a bt speedtest, which merely confirms the lines fit for nothing. But then when you click further investigation it comes up with this cobblers which bears no resemblance to the above! I think they make it up as they go along.

Download speed achieved during the test was - 1.02 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-10 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 10 Mbps

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @maverickuk2019

I'm afraid we don't have an update yet but as soon as I know more I'll let you know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

@maverickuk2019 wrote:

BT engineer came and said this is as good as it gets from my cabinet which is nearly 2miles away and a real old banger. Cut a long story short he has arranged a cease and provide with you guys at PN (who said 5days ish) to get me out of the new fibre cabinet which is just up the lane a few hundred mtrs but a whole lot closer. But for now my fibre speeds are worse than my BB speeds lol some 1.5mb dl and 1.5mb upload. The upload has improved by 3x (used to be 0,3mb) so how can that be with no improvement in DL? Anyway can you please keep an eye on this and expedite it where necessary. many thanks.

We're just going round in circles here. Chris (I think it was) the Openreach guy called you a month ago to ask for a cease and provide which would see me moved to CAB 20 and all sorted. See above, you said 5days. Now we're waiting for exactly the same thing and nothing is happening. I will give you until Fri the 18th if its not sorted then I'm off for good and will expect a refund of all my money and compensation for having to endure this rubbish. The £75 giftcard has still not been sorted either.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your patience @maverickuk2019.

Unfortunately, we've been advised the cease and reprovide can't be done at this moment in time as cabinet 20 currently has ongoing works which means we can't move the fibre service over.

We can temporarily drop you down to ADSL and then upgrade you back to Fibre once that's been done. If you're happy for me to do that then just update the open ticket on your account here.

With regards to the cashback, this was resent on the 25th so we need to give it to the 10th for it to arrive.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

My speeds when I left PN last year were averaging 2.8 with blips up to nearly 4mb which was great for adsl here. When I signed back up it was at 2.5mb but quickly dropped. It was hassle getting that sorted with an snr reset but eventually it was done. I then decided to go over to fibre.

If you can keep me above 2mb on adsl. Refund my fibre money. Cough up the £75 giftcard (I hope you haven't just sent another cheque?) and some compensation for the last few months of useless service where I couldn't do anything at all then I may do this. You cannot expect the customer to fund your/bt/whoever inability to provide what we pay for. Otherwise no I'll just leave and take the matter up elsewhere. Thanks.

Your cynical get out clause states my minimum guaranteed adsl speeds are next to nothing which is nonsense and no one is going to pay for that. I know what my speeds have been for the last few years and my demands haven't been great but it at least needs to be usable. The minimum guaranteed speeds are unusable and if that's the basis of carrying on I don't want it. 

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Dozy idiots have sent me a cheque AGAIN in my name having already told them months ago I do not have an account that takes cheques, who the hell does these days. Just round and round the mulberry bush again and about as grossly incompetent as can be. They were supposed to be sending a gift card or crediting the account.

That's it I have had enough now. Matthew can you please arrange for my account to be closed and all money returned along with suitable compensation for this extremely expensive comedy of errors since signing up to plusnet, only it aint funny.

Thanks for your help here I shall now take the matter up with head office.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Your frustration is understandable but "I do not have an account that takes cheques, who the hell does these days."

Really? I do and I suspect most do. I may even use my bank's app. to deposit a cheque if I choose.

What would you do if HMRC sent you a tax refund cheque?Cool

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Nice one I give you 10% if you deposit this one?

HMRC never send me refunds and if they did I'd frame it and tell The Sun!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

Unfortunately, I can't process account cancellation via our forums. You would need to speak with our Customer Options Team to do this.

They can be contacted on 0800 013 2632 and are open the following hours

• Monday to Friday- 9 am while 8 pm
  • Saturday - 9 am while 7 pm
  • Sunday - 9 am while 6 pm

With regards to the cheque, I'm afraid that the offer you signed up on included cashback rather than a reward card and as a result, this is always sent out as a cheque and this will have been advised to you when you signed up. We can't offer you this in any other format

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Actually no it didn't. I was informed it was a cashcard like everyone else gives these days and plusnet gave prior to this. Otherwise why the hell would I have signed up to the [-Censored-] service.

Actually I'll just run through the complaints process via head office.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see this, just to set an expectation we will of course take any complaint to us raised seriously but that would be unlikely to change the outcome of what we've advised you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Actually it did and very quickly too. It aint over till the fat lady sings apparently. Tony Thompson took ownership of the problem from exec office et voila I am seeing :

------------------------------------------- 

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Downstream Test:

Download Speed : 32.03 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 6.14 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
------------------------------

Not sure what that error means but hey its great news for us here. There seemed to be a few disconnects last night and certainly this morning the net was dead, though the phone was intermittent! After around an hour the blue light came back on and all is good finally. Maybe not quite as difficult as we all imagined after all and I still retain the number. So I wonder what went on in the small wee hours to fix this so quickly? No one at Cab20 last night or this morning either. I'm guessing someone woke up at the exchange.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm glad to hear that things are looking better. With the downtime, you had this morning that will most likely be the engineer moving the line from one cabinet to the other.

Tony will update your ticket shortly with more details

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Fix

It was a bit of a strange one but I'm pleased it's sorted for you now. As Matthew pointed out, I've updated the ticket for you and I'll be getting back to you re other issues shortly.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Many thanks guys it was a long slog.