cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

FIXED
maverickuk2019
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

Thanks Dave. I fear you guys are bashing your head against a brick wall too. Regards pete

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Anytime, @maverickuk2019 

We're here to help and should you require further assistance within the interim, please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

Ollie 

maverickuk2019
Grafter

I think I need to just burn this town of plusnet double quick. I have just come out of a 3mth battle with talk, talk trying to get the promised service I signed up to. Now its going into 3mths with PlusNet and a variation on a theme. I had one week of 2.5mb adsl when I joined PN it then went downhill. I left plusnet for TT with something like 2.8mb adsl. Going to the fabled fibre the speeds have been the worst ever and I am now down to 0.5mb on fibre and everytime some clown looks at the problem in openreach nothing actually happens but things getting worse. He lied last week when he said he had connected me to cab 20. Cab 20 is less than a metre from the drain. Its a farcical comedy of errors and NO PN has the audacity to seriously bill me for this abomination with a bill that makes no sense whatsoever. The only clear thing Is I am paying for nothing so its a scam and I want out now. I just see your response below Matthew that you just posted to the ticket  but the song remains the same and I want out.

Your charges broken down
Page
1 Balance brought forward £1.00
1 Unlimited Broadband 23/08/19 22/09/19 -£10.99
1 Unlimited Broadband 23/08/19 01/09/19 £3.55
1 Unlimited Fibre 02/09/19 22/09/19 £10.83
1 Unlimited Fibre 23/09/19 22/10/19 £15.99
1 Promotional Discount 02/09/19 22/09/19 £6.77
1 Line Rental 02/09/19 22/09/19 £0.00
1 Line Rental 02/09/19 22/09/19 £0.00
1 Line Rental 23/09/19 22/10/19 £0.00
1 Line Only 23/09/19 22/10/19 £0.00
1 Caller Display 23/09/19 22/10/19 £0.00
1 Payment 02/09/19 02/09/19 -£1.00
Total £26.15
Inc. VAT

"Thank you for getting back to us.

I'm sorry that I wasn't in the office to pick up your forum thread. I agree that the situation is quite frustrating however if you were to transfer to another provider you'd be back to square one as the request to update the line records don't transfer between new providers so you'd have to raise it again. I'm confident we can get this resolved for you soon we're still just waiting on a further update from BT. Your phone line is still showing as being connected to Cabinet 13 but when I do a search on your address it's showing as Cabinet 20 so perhaps the move has completed but something still doesn't seem right.

With regards to your cashback, I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't turned up. According to our systems, it was sent out to you on the 30th of July but as you haven't received it I've escalated it with the relevant team and I'll update you regarding that as soon as I know more. Apologies for the continued inconvenience Kind regards, Matthew Wheeler"

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse on £30pm fibre. I'm now running 1/4mb!!!! Back to the days of slower speeds than dialup modems 20yrs ago!!!! On a contract that promised "Your Minimum Guaranteed Speed - 30.9Mb"

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @maverickuk2019

A GEA test shows that your router is syncing at 1.2Mbps. 

This is above the High end estimate for FTTC on your circuit - have a look at DSL check with your landline number, you are estimated between 0.4-1. 

It appears that the slow speed is due to line length, part of the GEA was unable to run due to "Line too long to assess"

Test OutcomePass

Test Outcome CodeGTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000

DescriptionGEA service test completed and no fault found .

Main Fault LocationOK

Sync StatusIn Sync

Downstream Speed1.2 Mbps

Upstream Speed1.1 Mbps

Appointment RequiredN

Fault Report AdvisedN

NTE Power StatusPowerOn

Voice Line Test ResultPass

Bridge TapNot Detected

Radio Frequency IngressNot Detected

Repetitive Electrical Impulse NoiseNot Detected

Cross TalkNot Detected

Estimated Line Length In Metres3101.0

Upstream Rate AssessmentLine too long to assess

Downstream Rate AssessmentLine too long to assess

Your ADSL estimates are also "up to 1Mbps".

As for your Minimum Guaranteed speed, according to this ticket left on your account, it's 0.3Mb. 

I'm sorry that you have slow speeds via your connection, but it appears to be related to your line length - as per the above results, your line is roughly 3KM long.

AFAIK, fibre has a higher problem rate at distance than ADSl, dropping considerably after roughly 1.5KM whereas ADSL can run better up to and over the 2KM mark. A 3KM line will struggle to get more than you are currently getting regardless of the service which you are on, however, your upload may well be better on FTTC (in your case it could be about double). 

Let us know what you wish to do about this and we will assist in any way we can. 

Thanks, 

MoR

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Hi. Those figures are nothing like the reality of my experience with plusnet previously on adsl. And even when I signed back up this time it was fine at 2.5mb and my line for past 5yrs has always been 1.5mb minimum to around 2.5mb. Though for one week it went up to 4.8 or something. To say the line states I will get sod all, to next to sod all, is no good to man nor beast. That's just covering backs of those who don't give a toss. No one in their right mind is going to pay for that garbage service. Both you and Openreach have failed miserably to resolve, initially, the adsl drop in performance, and then the fibre services which guaranteed 30mb +. I was placed out of the frying pan and into the fire. Nothing was done on adsl apart from one guy, after much moaning, reset the snr and I was back up to 2mb+. Its not fair that you guys in community have to resolve support tickets when support itself is doing nothing apart from when the tickets get piled up too high you will allocate someone who doesn't have a clue to shut them down if possible. So no the service is good for nothing apart from email now and again and I have never, ever had such an appalling connection even with dialup many moons ago. Speeds up to 1mb now, so in effect doubled from this morning status. This clearly shows there is something seriously wrong beyond the fact I'm a long way from cab 13. There also seems to be not a lot happening about cab 20 apart from tall stories from Openreach who said it was connected last week after he set the pinger here. It wasn't so that's a big fat lie and you're not pulling them up on that either. Cab 20 is a matter of feet from the drain my line is in. Gimme a screwdriver and a haynes comic and I'll go and do it myself, or maybe just give openreach the comic! No I'm not paying any more for nothing. Feel free to do it at your expense but not mine. My original DSL stats are elsewhere on here and bear no reflection to the current tosh which as I say only appears to cover a lot of backs for shoddy service. If you cant provide the service I signed up to then please refund all my money and I'll take my business elsewhere never to return. Oh and you can keep the £75 giftcard which never showed up anyway and would appear to be more fallacy.  Thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @maverickuk2019 and apologies for any inconvenience caused by my previous colleague's response.

I'm still waiting on a response from Openreach regarding your line being moved and a confirmation but it appears the line records have been updated as your line is now showing as being connected to Cabinet 20 so I suspect we're going to need to arrange another engineer visit

Can you respond to the ticket on your account and let me know once you have done? I've also added details regarding your cashback

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Hello Matthew, Thanks for this. I cant seem to reach the plusnet tickets portal it just never loads. But you can make an appointment for any day early am please if that's possible here?. Goodness me you're right WE ARE at cabinet 20 today!!! yay Smiley

There is nothing to see here at the house all is well with wiring etc and we have been seen many times and tested in the last few months. I wonder if we have a fibre modem issue amongst other things? Yeah I wont hold my breath with cashback. I think they change that story weekly. Last time it was to be credited to my account to pay for the mythical fibre. I will keep trying tickets portal but for now many thanks Matt. Cheers

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @maverickuk2019.

I'll get that sorted for you now and update the ticket shortly.

Unfortunately, we need to arrange an engineer visit to the property as our tests aren't showing any external faults.

With regards to your house wiring, I doubt this is the cause but we have to advise all customers of the statement regardless of the reason for the visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Bless you Smiley

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Hmmm that's strange then as going from Cab 13 to Cab 20 has eliminated 1.1ml of cable. Now all that's left is 0.5ml of overhead poles but the previous half dozen visits reveal no issues there either. How come if I was connected to Cab 20 last week, it was still showing as Cab 13 until this morning. Is it all manual then the DSL checker etc? a blast from the past for sure in that case. And there's some of us taking it as Gospel.

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Ah here we go. Over the last 10 yrs most of the overhead problems on the cables were eliminated, but one. This would appear to disconnect the line when a heavy rain came from the NW. The phone line would also go crackly. It hasn't happened in a long time that I know of, until 15 minutes ago. Very heavy rain from NW and it disconnected for about 15 minutes. Phone line was fine.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @mavreickuk2019

It can take time for line records to update so I wouldn't worry too much about how long it took to go through.

Let us know how you get on after the engineer visit

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Hello Matthew,

Brilliant Openreach guy (Paul Locke BVK513) came out, knew what he was doing totally. I am still routed out of Cab 13, even though I am in Cab20 now. he spoke to Meghan at Plusnet 13:40 to cease and provide from Cab 30 to 20. He has had to state a *no access* issue in order to get the notes seen otherwise it all just fades away. Chris, another Openreach engineer also told you guys the same a few weeks back, a cease and provide and I heard him speak to you on the phone. This is the very same issue that TT had when I initially signed up to fibre and they sent the guy to the wrong CAB 20 instead of 13. No steps forward and right back to ground zero!! Couldnt make it up.

Can you please ensure this is actioned ASAP because its not rocket science, just no talking to each other. Paul also called DCOE to life and shift and they refused!! Sigh.

Paul said you can call him for any clarification. If you need his number email me please as I wont give it here. Many thanks and fingers crossed yet again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @maverickuk2019.

I'm chasing this up for you and updating the ticket shortly.

Hopefully we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team