cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

FIXED
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

Thanks for getting back to us @maverickuk2019

I agree that the situation is far from ideal so to try and resolve this quicker I've taken personal ownership of this for you and I'll escalate this with our suppliers to ensure that the work gets carried out as soon as possible.

I've updated the ticket on your account with the details which you can view by going here.

Let us know how you get on after the visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you kindly Matthew. Not sure what that message in the link means, is it saying they will be here on 11/09 at 02:00!!! lol

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @maverickuk2019 

I think Matt made a slight typo there (i'll tell him off later 🤣

You are booked in for an AM appointment which means they could turn up any time between 8AM & 1PM. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

maverickuk2019
Grafter

That's great thanks.

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Matthew,

I have just received this nonsense from plusnet. Not sure if its supposed to be a resolution, an early/late April fools joke, or just a get out clause? Could you please advise? Thnx

Dear User

When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed range. Now that your Unlimited Fibre broadband has been up and running for 14 days, we wanted to let you know your line speed as it stands today, as a comparison.

Estimated peak time speeds:
Download: 1Mb
Upload: 1Mb
These are the speeds your line is capable of at peak times.
Current line speed: 40Mb
This is a measure of the actual line speed you are now receiving based on the product you have taken.
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 0.3Mb
This is the minimum speed you should expect to achieve on your line.

Line speed is dependent on:

• How near you live to the exchange

• The length and quality of the telephone line to your home (this can be affected by poor weather as well)

Other factors which can affect your speed:

• The time of day. In other words how busy our network and the Internet are (8-10pm being the busiest time, when speeds can reduce significantly)

• The length and quality of any phone wiring extensions in your home

• Whether you're sharing your connection with other people or devices in your home

Take a look at the tips in our broadband speed guide to get the most out of your connection.

Best wishes,

The Plusnet Team

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid this is an automated e-mail that's sent out after you upgrade to fibre to advise you of the current speeds.

As it's based on the current estimates I wouldn't worry too much about it. Openreach's fibre team have got back to us with the below

"I have now asked our network re-arrangement team to investigate this further and look into issue an estimate to rectify this and move your customer's line into PCP 20."

So now it's just a waiting game to see what they come back with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Many thanks for the updates today Matthew. The saga continues. Might it be better to go back on ADSL for now just so that I can get that extra mb I had before?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Whilst Openreach are investigating it's better to leave things as they are as having open orders can cause problems with moving the line between cabinets

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

LOL aint that the truth Smiley OK I stick with plan A.

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Hello Matthew, BT engineers came today and said they moved me from cabinet 13 (1.1mls away and a real old banger) to cabinet 20 (new fibre cabinet) tho DSL checker is still showing cab 13! Speeds now even less than before but they said it all needs synching up etc anyway.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Wow, that was quick!

The e-mail update I received yesterday afternoon stated that we'd be looking at the end of October for the move to be carried out.

With regards to the line records, these should update within time to reflect the cabinet change although I'm a bit dubious if it's been done as according to our line tests your line length is still around 3KM and we can see the downstream attenuation from your router is 37.4DB.

I've e-mailed the relevant team for confirmation as I don't suspect this has been done yet or fully done.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Thnx Matthew. DSL checker now showing cabinet 7!!! lol argggghhhhhh. I gave up crossing fingers as they got bunions. Seems its back on fibre anyway.

Cancel that its now showing cab 13 again and 0.4mb grr. Good luck.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @maverickuk2019.

As mentioned above I'm very dubious if it's been done already due to the response I received below

"We have heard back from our network rearrangement team who have issued an estimate to carry out the works to move your customer's telephone line into the closer fibre-enabled cabinet, PCP 20.

This is a technical complex civil engineering project and therefore any dates we give you are only estimates and are subject to change.  The current completion date is the end of October, 2019 for these works to be completed."

I'll update your ticket as soon as I know more

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Its hardly a complex civil engineering project. My cables are in a drain adjacent to cabinet 20 down the road, which was a new fibre installation 2yrs ago. My cables come from cabinet 13 to the drain adjacent to where they installed Cab 20. I'm not waiting endlessly Matthew and paying good money for old rope. My ADSL speeds dropped from 2.5mb with you and the fibre upgrade has been one of constant downgrades in speed. so that now, after todays visit I am running around .5mb. The line is no good for anything but email. Someone is talking a load of cobblers about this situation and it really aint rocket science. I have seen the guys working the drains around here for 10yrs so I know where they are and where our cable runs. The last engineer a few weeks back said It should be a simple cease and provide, though I might get another number. Fine. That didn't happen. These guys spent hours messing around at cabinet 20 today and came back fingers crossed it was sorted. I still haven't seen the £75 giftcard promised, current quote, it could be 30/60 days!! I didn't sign up for any of this and I am not paying for plusnets learning process. If you make promises they should be kept. You (plusnet) have kept none of them. I appreciate you personally are trying your best but I'm clearly just flogging a dead horse here. If you cant provide what I paid you to provide, now many months on, then I should cancel the contract as a failure on your part and move on. I cant use the service. The kids cant use the service and I think we gave it a good shot.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for coming back to us, @maverickuk2019

I've updated the ticket that @MatthewWheeler has taken ownership of so that he can respond to you and take any further action as necessary.

Best wishes

Dave