cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

FIXED
maverickuk2019
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

Hi. my speeds on BB were pretty abysmal....usually with PlusNet I get around 2.5mb down and 0.30up which is OK for me. Recently the download dropped to 1.5mb, the worst ever and has stuck there so you obviously throttled (I always had around 2.5mb with PN over the years) and I am direct to the socket that one. I ordered an upgrade to fibre which should have gone live on 23rd Aug..it didn't and as usual PN very light on updates of anything. Today lots of disconnects etc so I thought it was fibre being connected. Stuck the new fibre router on and indeed it works but still abysmal

BT Speedtest Download speed achieved during the test was - 1.29 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1.11 Mbps-1.58 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 1.58 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 3.1Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

So the upload potential has increased a lot from BB but in reality still really slow actual speeds.

Please let me know am I connected yet to fibre?

As an aside to support because I am getting nowhere with CS. The £75 giftcard arrived as, not a card, a cheque, which is no good to me so I sent it back requesting another cheque in billpayers name. No can do apparently. Can you please ensure this is added as a credit to my account then as I need an extra £10pm for fibre, if it ever gets working. Thank you.

60 REPLIES 60
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 34

Re: Upgrading from BB to Fibre, IS IT connected yet?

Hello @maverickuk2019

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your broadband speed and the £75.00 reward offer you have received from ourselves.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Wakas Hussain
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Thank you for that. Fibre was connected today and its actually worse than the pitiful BB I had. Its now at 1.5mb DL. Support are looking into it. They are saying basically get stuffed with the subscription £75. if that's the case I will cancel my contract and go elsewhere. We did our part and showed willing. Paid upfront the annual BB fee, which never arrived when promised. Started off pretty good at 2.5mb but last week has been stuck on abysmal going nowhere sub 2mb. Now same issue with upgrade to fibre. Missed the start date which was 23rd and still no good connected today. PN certainly not doing us proud. Silly issues but little willing to resolve by PN in general, though some have been very good.

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Oh joy oh Joy plusnet you have excelled even yourselves at 6am this morning. The most abysmal speeds I have ever had in the last 10 years and only 50% worse than the miserable BB speeds you had reduced me to. You are simply not up to the job. please give me a complete refund and allow me to walk away so that I might at least get a service of some sort from someone who gives a damn.

maverickuk2019
Grafter

Note BT comment at bottom of speedtest "We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time." LOL you couldnt make it up!!

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi @maverickuk2019,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and can completely understand your frustration. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I have updated the fault ticket, please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Thank you Beyhive. I told them an any day early am visit is fine but the problem is not here its outside as the BT engineer confirmed a few weeks back. Inside the house is fine. Have they even tried an SNR reset yet?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You're welcome @maverickuk2019,

The fault will probably be an external one however as we cannot exactly detected the location of the fault from our end, we would need to book an engineer to the property.

I have updated the fault ticket. Please click here to find my update.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

That's great thank you.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You're more than welcome @maverickuk2019,

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

BT engineer came and said this is as good as it gets from my cabinet which is nearly 2miles away and a real old banger. Cut a long story short he has arranged a cease and provide with you guys at PN (who said 5days ish) to get me out of the new fibre cabinet which is just up the lane a few hundred mtrs but a whole lot closer. But for now my fibre speeds are worse than my BB speeds lol some 1.5mb dl and 1.5mb upload. The upload has improved by 3x (used to be 0,3mb) so how can that be with no improvement in DL? Anyway can you please keep an eye on this and expedite it where necessary. many thanks.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 283

Thanks for getting back to us @maverickuk2019

In some rare cases, fibre performance can be worse than standard broadband as your speed is dependent on the distance from the cabinet to your property and on fibre, to the cabinet, the speeds drop off worse over distance compared to standard broadband.

Unfortunately, I can't see any notes from the engineer at this moment so I'll need to chase this up with our suppliers.

I'll update the account as soon as I know more

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

STILL dead in the water here guys with sub 1mb speeds. I can see from bt tester the fibre stuff has now been removed but I am still on cabinet 13 and you are supposed to be putting me on cab 20. It was meant to take 5 days!! Any news or action you can chase up please?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 43

Hi @maverickuk2019,

I'm sorry to hear of the fault that you're experiencing with our services. I've reviewed your account and raised a response via the open fault ticket, which can be viewed here. Once you've had the chance to respond to this ticket please let us know so that we can pick this up for further review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
maverickuk2019
Grafter

Thanks for that much appreciated. They did respond at least to you, though ignored my ticket response for a week. This is appalling service and I'm sick of it. They reckon I need another engineer visit, which they could have said last week if they bothered to read/answer the tickets properly, just to change a cabinet 13 to a cabinet 20. Nothing they can or need to do here. Regards peter