cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from ADSL to Fibre Broadband

greenhorn

Upgrading from ADSL to Fibre Broadband

Hello,

I've had ADSL for a lot of years and just placed an order with yourselfs last week for Unlimited Fibre Extra. I've had a notification that is i'm due to become active on the 5th September.

I am really confused on if an engineer will come out to my house and install new master socket, update / renew current wiring and set up router?

The engineer who sorted out the wiring in the past, it could be vast improved and would like some help.

Also i'm attaching some pics on the set up around the house.

Picture 1 is the master socket which is in the dining room on window ledge down stairs next to a landline phone

Picture 2 with the red carpet is in the living room down stairs for the cordless phone

Picture 3 with very light blue wall / grey carpet with grey carpet in bedroom upstairs with another cordless phone

Picture 4 with grey carpet in bedroom upstairs where the router is currently

I would prefer to have the master socket moved and placed upstairs if i can so i can have my PC / PS4 hard wired Ethernet cabled. The router is currently upstairs and is on a really long extension cable going through the wall and outside eventaully to the master socket downstairs. I do know that ideally the router should be on the master socket for optimal speed, there's no way i could have a ethernet cable running from the bedroom upstairs from PC / PS4 down the stairs and running through 2 rooms.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Upgrading from ADSL to Fibre Broadband

Your other post has been answered by a staff member. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/New-Customer-From-ADSL-To-Fibre/m-p/1469981

There is no engineer visit.