Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Upgraded” to fibre unlimited

Ndd9876
Hooked
Fixes: 1

“Upgraded” to fibre unlimited

Hi,
Just “upgraded” to PN fibre unlimited from regular Adsl. Speed has remained the same. Read there is a 10 day training period. Checking the Cabinet info says Fttc is available. I thought fttc did not require a “training period”. Thoughts welcome
7 REPLIES 7
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: “Upgraded” to fibre unlimited

Show us the details from Help Desk page from your router and you should get some helpful advice.

What speeds are you getting, how are you testing, do you have a filtered master socket?

Ndd9876
Hooked

Hi,
Thanks for replying. I’ve attached the help desk report from the router & also the speed test results.
Current avg Speed is 11.5Mbs

Connecting straight to master socket A’s apparently issues with cover. Told to replace cover
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Ndd9876 your upgrade hasn't happend yet. The helpdesk still shows Modulation(line 24) as G.992.5 which is ADSL

It should show G.993.2 for VDSL (FTTC).

If you go to the BT speedchecker site https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker and put in your phone number, does the text below the speed estimates include 'There is a open order on the line due to complete on ....' ? That is the date for the upgrade

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ndd9876
Hooked

Ah,ha!
Just as you described...
“Open order on your line which is due to complete by 9 jan 2009”
Thanks for the explanation.

Would be helpful for the help desk people to be trained to provide this information or make the faster speed dater clear in one of the many autogen emails.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry for the delay in upgrading your line to fibre and for the lack of communication regarding this.

It looks like it has been delayed due to engineer availability. Let us know how it goes on the 09/01/2019.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ndd9876
Hooked

Here’s hoping I’m not going to be billed for the period of non existent fibre.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

As your account hasn't changed to fibre yet you shouldn't be.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet