cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to fibre extra, still having issues.

Nbrown91

Upgraded to fibre extra, still having issues.

So a few weeks back or so, we had upgraded to the extra package since then we had drop outs for the internet around about the same time each night like clockwork after 8pm but after 12am the issues normally would stop.

After calling up to report the problem we were told an engineer would be out to fix the problem, fast forward a week and everything is great and running smooth then come the same problems again this time more random with the drop outs, currently today we've had 3 drop outs all at different times with the last being at around 8pm. I had also replied to the text stating if any further problems arose to reply to that text, having done so I was sent an email back to say no issues were seen despite what I'd told.

Hoping someone can help me out here Sad

4 REPLIES 4
Plymouthsurfer
Hooked

Re: Upgraded to fibre extra, still having issues.

Hi I feel your pain I upgraded and I have experienced nothing but problems with lower download speeds than the traditional broadband. I would get out of the contract ASAP plus net are awful [-Censored-] customer service and a real blame culture on who fault the speeds are.
EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @Nbrown91,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. I can see that you already have a support question open with our faults team. You can respond to them using the following link.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201288065

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
Nbrown91

Thanks for the reply and sorry this has been a late response things have been manic as of late.

I'm still getting drop outs, despite the person looking into this. Tonight we've had 3 drops and over the week It has gone off numerous times, It's becoming very frustrating now and I'd just like this resolved or some proper explanation given for it.

Regards.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there,

Apologies for any issues with the connection. As it's been a while since you last reported this, please try the following:

Wi-Fi

Connect to the test socket.

You can find some tips on how to boost your Wi-Fi here.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, if you feel there is a Speed Fault please raise this online at faults.plus.net.

Thanks - LF